Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-ufo-challenge-t301919.html)

carriem 06-13-2019 04:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well I got my list made as well as one for my daughter since I was going through the tubs. :)

For me I have:
6 tops ready to be quilted--1 sandwiched and started today (pictured below)! All have binding made and I have backing/batting for 4 of them.
1 top that just needs one more border to make a little bigger, binding made
6 quilts started
2 kits
fabric for 2 other quilts

So enough to keep me busy for a while!! My goal is to quilt at least 1 a month and then work on other projects in-between. Working to do 1 block a day from the Farmers Wife 1930s quilt on days I am at home...have gotten 3 done since Monday. I attached today's block.

My 17yr old daughter has:

2 tops
3 started
fabric for 2 more

A true quilter!! lol She has completed 10-15 quilts...I can't remember the exact count for her.

sewbizgirl 06-13-2019 05:07 PM

Cute quilt, Carrie... is that one of your daughter's? I love the fabric used in the border!

carriem 06-13-2019 06:26 PM

SBG--nope that is one I made. It was originally supposed to be for my niece but I ended up giving her a different one using the same fabric line. :) My daughter did make one using this pattern though. I'll have to take a picture tomorrow...it is one of her un quilted tops.

Queenbarbiej 06-13-2019 08:38 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I finished a couple of ufos. The first one was a quilt I started in October or November of last year. I put it away because my sewing machine didn't have a big enough throat plate to quilt it. I bought a a Free Westinghouse sewing machine in March and got it quilted and bind. The back I didn't have enough of either blues so I used blocks leftover from a quilt I made 12 years ago. The second quilt I mad the front this year but the back are crumb blocks from a couple of years ago, quilt blocks from 12 years ago and quilt blocks from last year.[ATTACH=CONFIG]613817[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]613818[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]613819[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]613820[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 06-14-2019 04:44 AM

Yeah to the finishes, QBarbiej

sewbizgirl 06-14-2019 05:43 AM

Great finishes! Love that scrappy back, QueenB.

carriem 06-14-2019 07:36 AM

Queenbarbiej--those are some fun quilts! Great way to use up extra blocks from other quilts!!

Teen 06-14-2019 08:05 AM

QueenB....those are great finishes. Man, 12 years old stuff, too. Amazing. The pieced backs look just as challenging as the beautiful fronts.

Teen 06-14-2019 08:06 AM

Carrie....lovely finish and the Geneva block is really cool. Great colors. Never seen that one before...

happylab 06-14-2019 07:36 PM

Wow such lovely finishes being completed. I just love them all.

I have decided to just count the competed UFo's as I read this thread. The PM method just is not working. For example I know we had more than 21 UFO completed in April, but I only recieved PM with 4 completed UFO's. So you do not need to PM me with any complete UFO's you complete. You can still PM me if you have questions. This will start this month the Month of June.

Continue making great UFO completed projects. I love them all and they give me great motivation.