Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

retiredteacher09 03-20-2020 06:40 PM

Teen: Very pretty! Your niece will love it!

Thanks oksewglad and Teen for the humor.

Thanks for the compliments Quiltingboard friends. I really should be working on the 3 UFOs on my list but this is another one I found while I was rearranging/cleaning and it was an easier finish. I wonder how many more I have hiding in my stash. Lol!

Tommorrow I plan to work on the WIP on my design wall along with my current leader/ender project which is an UFO but one given to me by someone on this board.

Today I got a text message from a young teacher (early 30s) checking in on me. It certainly made my day!

rryder 03-21-2020 02:56 AM

Super cute baby dress, Sewbiz. Have fun making things for her, they grow up way too fast!

Rob

QuiltnNan 03-21-2020 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8370611)
March UFO Finish... I made these blocks in February of last year to use up some scraps from a FQ bundle. Had no idea what I was going to do with them....then packed them....then moved. Forgot about them until I unpacked them. Decided to give this to my great-niece for B-Day....she's 11......

A very pretty quilt!

rryder 03-21-2020 03:07 AM

Quossum- nice finish, loved the story that went with it!

Connie- great idea to merge the two! Congratulations on completing it and removing two UFOs from the pile.

Teen- very pretty. I especially like the way you used the colored squares in the border- they remind me of the color dots that designers put on the selvage, and they also beautifully fremae the stars without closing them in. I may steal this idea at some point!

Rob

Rff1010 03-21-2020 11:50 PM

Teen - great stash buster. I may steal the idea at somr point.

And I'm going to finish binding on something today. Tell the Fat Lady to go get on her costume and warm up the pipes...cause she's gonna be singing!

cherrybsixty 03-22-2020 12:50 PM

Good afternoon everyone, it's good to see so many beautiful finishes and I'm loving each and everyone of them.
Really loving lil Ivy's dress, my Ivey brought Gigi some groceries today (social distancing).
Teen, I am loving your niece's gift, the colors are gorgeous.
This week my LA (cousin) brought my last UFO to me. She even attached the binding by hand. I still can't share pix but one day I will.
I packed away all the sewing machine preparing for the move.
The move maybe set back a little because of the 'lock-down' but it will happen.

Enjoy your sewing time and stay safe everyone

cherryb

Rff1010 03-22-2020 05:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The fat lady is singing!

My son performs quality assurance on all my quilts.

The centers are this really cool peacock fabric- leftover from another project. White was new but about half of the purple and all of the yellow is from stash. Purchased blue floral as backing originally but when I put it on the table next to a block...clearly it was a perfect . Made an improv back (afterquilt) - which has given this quilt a nickname - the Mullet.

Rff1010 03-22-2020 05:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the back

WMUTeach 03-22-2020 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by cherrybsixty (Post 8371284)
Good afternoon everyone, it's good to see so many beautiful finishes and I'm loving each and everyone of them.
Really loving lil Ivy's dress, my Ivey brought Gigi some groceries today (social distancing).
Teen, I am loving your niece's gift, the colors are gorgeous.
This week my LA (cousin) brought my last UFO to me. She even attached the binding by hand. I still can't share pix but one day I will.
I packed away all the sewing machine preparing for the move.
The move maybe set back a little because of the 'lock-down' but it will happen.

Enjoy your sewing time and stay safe everyone

cherryb

Not sure where you are finding difficulty with posting photos, there are so many possibilities for an oops but below is how I do it. I have shared this with a couple of QB groups and it seems to work.

How to upload a photo to the Quilt Board.

1. Write message
2. Click "Go Advanced"
3. In the box labeled Additional Options click "Manage Attachments"
4. Click "Browse" and locate your photo where ever you saved it on your computer.
5. Find the photo you wish to post click save and then upload.***
This seems to be where folks stumble. The little box with the "Browse" button needs to be expanded so you can see the "Upload" button. It is on the far right and hidden until you expand the box.
6. Preview Post and make changes if you wish or add an additional photo.
7. Click "Submit Reply".

**** I save my photos in a quilt photos file by year, but I also keep a second copy in a file where the photos have been resized to "medium". It this format will allow you to post to the QB. It seems there are multiple ways to do this and it all depends on your computer and software preferences. I

Hope this helps. It took me way too long to figure this out when the QB made changes but now it seems to work well for me. Hope it will work for you too.

sewbizgirl 03-22-2020 07:10 PM

My problem is getting the photos to upload off my phone to my computer. If I could get them on the computer, I could get them on here. Don't know why this is happening. I have been uploading pics forever, and suddenly they won't send to my computer. I tried hubby's computer too, with the same results. So I don't know if it's my phone camera or what. It's a nearly brand new phone.

Cute quilt, Rff! The back is fun too.