Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2021 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2021-fabric-moratorium-t313678.html)

Iceblossom 04-21-2021 03:30 AM

Fun stuff Connie! I have a collection of Peanuts fabrics that I keep thinking of how to use/maybe I should send on to someone else, I think something like that might be the solution! Think it would especially help de-holiday the many holiday themes.

So for today's installment of As the Feathered Star Turns -- the family is feeling really tired and discouraged and are planning to have professionals come in. Everything (deaths/life changes) too fast and too hard and too long distance. Poor things.

On the other hand, yesterday was absolutely beautiful and the Tuesday Quilt Group had pizza party day! From back before the hubby and I changed our eating habits we had a lot of pizza points that were due to expire... two free large specialty pizza's worth of points. We are still meeting outside and had the pizza delivered to the yard :)

When I bought the auction of thread, one of the things that came with it was basically a completed lap top (needs small seam repair) with a camper theme. Is terribly cute and I said to myself "that has Quilt Lady Andy all over it" (just like the Judy Niemeyer was tossed to me). Andy's been busy and we don't get to see her every week, her husband passed last year and she and her daughter found the perfect property at the worst time that they are making wheelchair accessible for the daughter -- anyway, turns one of her dear camper friends just started chemo and this will be perfect for that. So I got that project reduced out of my stash, for someone who needs an easy project to make a comfort quilt for a cancer patient. Score all around!

And, from a private discussion based on the influxes of fabric in my life -- I sent out a flat rate box of assorted fabrics. It wasn't the plan or goal, but it was an easy box to fill and weight wise at least, I'm currently at neutral in terms of fabric in/out!

I don't think I'm on the edge of another purge cycle, but I am actively asking myself "are you really going to use that in the next 5 years??" as I go through my boxes looking for stuff. Some stuff/me is admitting that it isn't going to happen...

acheela 04-21-2021 05:15 AM

Late Starter

OK, Now that half the year is over, I want in on the challenge!! Is it too lat?

oksewglad 04-21-2021 05:27 AM

It is never too late acheela....welcome to this thread and the board!

Iceblossom 04-21-2021 05:28 AM

It's never too late! Glad to have you :) I've basically been gone all this year and just recently came back.

Some of us are doing wonderful things reducing both their spending habits and their stashes. Some of us more prone to temptation. Me? Not so much productivity but trying to both get back into the sewing groove and resist retail therapy at the same time (as well as making house progress this year).

I try to set achievable goals -- today after being distracted by the Judy Niemeyer project. I need to get back to Aunt Debbie's quilt. Need to verify how much more yellow I need to order and whether or not I need any more blue. Dash on-line to order just those two fabrics and not add anything else to the cart that's not justified.

I will not even look at any expensive backs today even though the digital print hummingbird is singing to me... no -- no more backing temptations! At least that is what I say now surrounded by my fellow moratoriumers.

acheela 04-21-2021 07:36 AM

HAHAHA!!! I laughingly call the fabric shop my crack dealer. The grandkids try to help Nana stay away with varying degrees of success. I have a great pile of stash and scrap fabric, and I have been doing good so far. I am even doing a pieced backing on the quilt I'm working on now so I don't go back to the crack dealer. It is going to be a reversible quilt I suppose. LOL!

petthefabric 04-21-2021 11:16 AM

Dieting! Fabric or food. Does it happen together?

oksewglad 04-21-2021 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by acheela (Post 8477647)
HAHAHA!!! I laughingly call the fabric shop my crack dealer. The grandkids try to help Nana stay away with varying degrees of success. I have a great pile of stash and scrap fabric, and I have been doing good so far. I am even doing a pieced backing on the quilt I'm working on now so I don't go back to the crack dealer. It is going to be a reversible quilt I suppose. LOL!

HaHa, that means I work for a crack dealer in a crack shop!

acheela 04-21-2021 05:29 PM

Lmao! You’re my bestie then!!

retiredteacher09 04-21-2021 07:10 PM

acheela: Welcome! Please share your projects.

My LQS is moving. I stopped in yesterday for a bobbin holder and saw some sale signs. I didn’t have time to look but I will be going back before closing on Saturday to get my part (was in stock at one of their other locations) and look for any good deals. They won’t be much farther than they are now from me but it’s on my way home from church quilting day. Oh well. I will just need to turn the other way out of the church parking lot. Lol!

sewingsuz 04-21-2021 07:13 PM

Everything I have made this year is from my stash!