Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2018-19 Mystery Quilt "Good Fortune" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2018-19-mystery-quilt-good-fortune-t300618.html)

Macybaby 11-15-2018 06:28 AM

Peggy, I did find an inspiration fabric that I really like, it's black with blue/purple and a bit of green. But I keep going back to wanting to use oranges since I have a lot of them. I bought out my sister's stash and she loved orange and bought it often.

I'm leaning towards using neutrals/gold/orange/red/brown colors.

Pagzz 11-15-2018 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 8161891)

I'm leaning towards using neutrals/gold/orange/red/brown colors.

I think that would be great looking

Podunk Princess 11-15-2018 07:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, I'm back again for the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt. Hoping to keep up as best I can since I'm working pretty much full time now and don't have as much time to sew. Everyone's fabrics look great. My fabrics are a toned down version of the colors that Bonnie listed and all were pulled from my stash. Looking forward to the first clue next week and seeing everyone's progress as this one plays out.

WANNABEE 11-15-2018 07:50 PM

Can I play in your stash?

Podunk Princess 11-15-2018 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by WANNABEE (Post 8162291)
Can I play in your stash?

Any time...... LOL!!

KalamaQuilts 11-16-2018 06:52 AM

can I lust over your whites with black?
Welcome home!

I have a suitcase full of leader and ender 2" four patches. While I bide my time I've been sewing them into eight patches, eventually making 8" sixteen patches, Someday it will be a quilt of some kind. I see quilts that are all four patches this size and am inspired. Then I see a quilt that uses 16 patches and am reinspired down a different rabbit hole...
Six sleeps!

Tweety2911 11-16-2018 07:14 AM

Miss Rita you have some wonderful neutrals. Lovely fabrics, I like the muted tones.

sewbizgirl 11-16-2018 10:06 AM

I love your neutrals too, Miss Rita! I can never find enough of those whites with thin black lines. Wish they would produce more!

Mariposa 11-16-2018 05:43 PM

PPrincess~ you've got quite the fun grouping of neutrals!

AmyBible 11-16-2018 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Podunk Princess (Post 8162282)
Well, I'm back again for the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt. Hoping to keep up as best I can since I'm working pretty much full time now and don't have as much time to sew. Everyone's fabrics look great. My fabrics are a toned down version of the colors that Bonnie listed and all were pulled from my stash. Looking forward to the first clue next week and seeing everyone's progress as this one plays out.

Miss Rita your fabrics are fantastic. I was just watching Bonnie's Live Chat with the String and Story quilter and she said if you don't think you can keep up just make 12 of each clue and that will give you a good start.