Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2018-19 Mystery Quilt "Good Fortune" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2018-19-mystery-quilt-good-fortune-t300618.html)

Krisb 12-03-2018 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe (Post 8170661)
Almost caught up. When does the next clue come? I love seeing other's renditions.

Friday. About 9:00 EST.

ckcowl 12-04-2018 05:46 AM

I finished clue 1 on Sunday and started with clue 2- only made (2) hst’s but they came out beautiful and perfect. Hopefully I will get more done today. We have a pretty busy week ahead of us, but some each day.

QuiltingVagabond 12-04-2018 07:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So far, so good!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]604809[/ATTACH]

Carol in WI 12-04-2018 07:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
After choosing my colors for this one, but feeling that I would be out of town and couldn't keep up anyway, I've decided to just watch from the sidelines. I love, love everyone's units and brilliant colors. This should be a very striking quilt.
BUT since I still needed a project for this winter I bought Bonnie's Hunter String Star pattern and incorporated my color choice into that one. Here is my first block. The benefit is immediate gratification and no pressure to keep up.
The stars will be green, rust, and blue. I really like this pattern so far.

joe'smom 12-04-2018 08:08 AM

Everyone's units look so beautiful. AlvaStitcher, I love your mix of fabrics!

Originally Posted by JENNR8R (Post 8170566)
I finally finished Clue 2. I'm not sure I can keep up. My wrist and shoulders are hurting!

Don't strain yourself, JENNR8R. It's fun to keep up, but not necessary.

Carol, I'm definitely getting that pattern. Yours will be gorgeous. Please keep posting your progress.

I'm progressing slowly on clue 2. Hopefully will have something to show before long.

sewbizgirl 12-04-2018 08:57 AM

Great looking units, everyone. I'm enjoying seeing everyone's scraps come to life! Also enjoying just being an observer this year. Keep up the beautiful work!

lora3677 12-04-2018 11:23 AM

Wow... I think I need more sleep... I saw someone's post and was like "HEY! My blocks are the same colors!"... then I thought "oh... duh... " sigh...

I'm done with clue 1 and 2. Anxiously and nervously awaiting clue 3... hoping they aren't as intense as the first 2... and next week, I really hope it isn't as much, as it's Christmas Cookie Baking days at my house next Thursday-Monday (yes... 3-5 days... I make a lot... )

KalamaQuilts 12-04-2018 01:00 PM

quiltingvagabond, I recognized your shot of both clues on the RVQuilters group, aren't they a great bunch?
Our 5th wheel is winterized, and I already miss it!! We had such a good time this past year traveling and quilting

QuiltingVagabond 12-04-2018 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 8171116)
quiltingvagabond, I recognized your shot of both clues on the RVQuilters group, aren't they a great bunch?
Our 5th wheel is winterized, and I already miss it!! We had such a good time this past year traveling and quilting

Yes, they are my favorite FB group of all! I have seen you post there too Kalama! We won't be camping again until April but have lots of trips ( and quilting) planned.

JJBlaine 12-05-2018 01:36 AM

Seeing all the fantastic fabrics and lovely units is testing my resolve. I hope to do this quilt, but not until February...if I can wait, lol! Kudos to all!