Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2019-2020-frolic-mystery-t307758.html)

JoeyC 11-06-2019 01:38 AM

Love the combination of colours!

Iceblossom 11-06-2019 05:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, I still have some tweaking to do but thanks to the ladies in my Tuesday group I do have a couple more yellows. I'll still need to dye some of my own and I found my remaining bottle of red dye, so just need yellow. I'll be doing a couple of different things, and since I'll have stuff out, I'll also treat some of the green.

I have the paint chips on the color groups, didn't grab a white chip so that's just a piece of paper from the hubby's pocket... I'm changing white/neutral to school bus yellow. My red is definitely brighter. My dark blue is just dark. I'm still working on getting the proper distance from what is just dark-medium-lighter.

toverly 11-06-2019 06:11 AM

It's so funny, I didn't like the paint chips together but I am loving everyone's colors that they pull from their stash. Looks like after this weekend (company coming), I'm going to have to pull from my stash to see if I like it. Glad so many have hopped on board. I love the posts here once the clues get started.

QuiltingNinaSue 11-06-2019 07:23 AM

Love all the colors each of you has chosen. I follow Bonnie Hunter by newsletter and faithfully download her clues. My favorite quilt shop for fabric is in Dade, FL,. QuiltedTwins.com has a package put together for her color choice this year, and its less than I can get 13.7 yards anywhere else. Much less than I normally pay to make a quilt top!

Looking forward to following progress of each step here. I collect clues, and have yet to get one together. Fabric and clues are together, so someday before I hit my 80s, I hope to get one or two done. Maybe.

Darcyshannon 11-06-2019 04:42 PM

I have heard so much about her mysteries. I may skulk this year. Really working hard at finishing.

ILoveToQuilt 11-06-2019 04:58 PM

I have an extra set of color chips if anyone needs them. Only problem is I couldn't get the "Pure White" chip. Got the one number prior to it (I think it is "Ultra White"). I figured white is white and just took what I could get to see the way the white looks with the other chips.

PM me your address and I'll be glad to send them to you. I only have one extra set, so first one to PM gets them.

ScubaK 11-06-2019 08:26 PM

Rhonda K,
I am trying to cut everything with my Accuquilt dies. I love the system....just finished up cutting some scraps into 2" and 2 1/2" sqs.
I find the Accuquilt invaluable when doing the mystery with 240 of this and 310 of that...
Let the fun begin!
Kirsten

SusieQOH 11-07-2019 05:38 AM

I may jump on this one. I never heard of BH until I heard about her here. Sounds like fun.

Edit- yes I'm going to do it!!! Just clicked on the link and it looks like fun!!!

Sandra-P 11-07-2019 05:51 AM

SusieQOH, Welcome! These are fun mysteries that Bonnie does. This will be my 6th year of doing them, so far I dont have any of them I havent finished.

toverly 11-07-2019 06:10 AM

ILovetoQuilt, I couldn't find it either and there were no blank spots, I finally asked for help and got the paint guy to show me the white chip. It was in a display beside the one where the other chips were located. All along the bottom were white chips. It was shorter than the rest.