Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2019-2020-frolic-mystery-t307758.html)

JeanieG 11-15-2019 01:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I love the fabrics you all are posting. We are going to have some gorgeous quilts! Only two more weeks to go!

Here are the fabrics I have chosen for Frolic, almost all are from my stash.

tallchick 11-15-2019 01:39 PM

I’m really loving everyone’s choices for fabrics! I’m really looking forward to watching everyone’s progress. I was able to change out my neutrals to neutral batiks I was able to find in my stash after much digging!

givio 11-15-2019 02:37 PM

Feathers n fur-- That's a darling sheet! I have a sheet I bought for a someday backing in similar Frolic colors, and it's sure tempting me to play along!

Lots of nice fabric posted. I like the floral set of fabrics! Wow, so cute.

JeanieG 11-15-2019 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Feathers-N-Fur (Post 8327495)
These are my fabrics. Mostly from scraps, a few purchased at Joanns last week. I’m also including the sheet I plan on using for my backing. I’m aiming for around 60”x90” then whatever blocks are left can be used for a table runner or baby quilt, or whatever.
.[ATTACH=CONFIG]619763[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]619764[/ATTACH]

Great sheet for the backing! I frequently use regular and flannel sheets for my backings!

Colorado Quilter 11-15-2019 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have never participated in a mystery quilt before. It sounds like a lot of fun. [ATTACH=CONFIG]619771[/ATTACH]
Would you mind giving me advice on my choice of fabrics? Are my aquas and light blues too close? I don't have many fabrics in the raspberry shades. I found one fabric that I have had for a long time because I really don't like it. I wonder if that will work? I'd rather not buy new fabric if possible, I am trying to use my stash as much as possible.

Thanks in advance for your help. I love the combinations so many of you have posted.

ILoveToQuilt 11-15-2019 06:41 PM

Colorado Quilter: I would take out your light blues, use your "dark" blues as the lighter ones and add in some very dark navy fabrics. The second blue down from the top of the pile reads as a "dark". Yes, I think your aqua and light blues are too close in value. To see the values, change your color photo to black and white. This way you can see how close or how different your values are.

Paperpgma 11-15-2019 08:04 PM

I’m in! I usually pull from my own fabrics but I just didn’t have enough of the suggested colors and I really loved them! I ordered a bundle from Stitchin Heaven ... they came today and now I’m super excited! Everyone’s fabrics look very pretty:).

Sandra-P 11-16-2019 04:34 AM

Hi Colorado Q! I do think your aqua and light blues are too close. I would see if I could change out those light blues for something that is a bit more medium in contrast. How fun to have you along with us to do this. Sandra

Texas_Sue 11-16-2019 06:19 AM

Everyone's fabrics are so great! I'm just getting so excited to get the first clue and get started. Hope to have all supplies together by next week. Ordered and Art Bin Satchel to keep fabrics and pieces as we go along and have baggies for cut pieces. Notebook and hole punch for printed material. I'm just all aflutter with excitement. It's been too long since I participated in a mystery quilt so I'm pedal to the metal.:)

toverly 11-16-2019 06:32 AM

Awesome fabric choices y'all! Love the way the colors play well together.