Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2019-2020-frolic-mystery-t307758.html)

joe'smom 11-25-2019 08:16 AM

I literally cannot imagine having the energy Bonnie has to do all that she does. <boggle>

PamelaOry 11-25-2019 08:27 AM

I’m confused. Why does it matter if we mention in our post how many more we have to go if the clue with that information has already been released?

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 8332258)
today's Bonnie Hunter blog post, just below the mittens photo, she lists her requests about sharing the mystery on-line, anywhere.
https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2019...esnt-work.html

Interesting the move from linky to instagram. Not something I'm part of but I expect I'll be able to see the photos when she links to it.

Iceblossom 11-25-2019 08:31 AM

I think it's to keep the mystery alive for those that are on different schedules. Too many of us have a pretty good idea of how something is going to turn out if we do know that we are making 75 9-patches or whatever, which is the reason she isn't releasing the die-cut information.

edit: Got called first thing this morning, they had cancellation for this afternoon so I will get the new water tank in today! I was going to go with hubby for bowling league night and that may still be possible. They couldn't give me a close arrival time, just sometime between noon and 6, or I could still with noon tomorrow. I took today!! Still haven't heard about the car, so I'm expecting it to be ready tomorrow too.

tallchick 11-25-2019 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry (Post 8332324)
I’m confused. Why does it matter if we mention in our post how many more we have to go if the clue with that information has already been released?

Because it’s what she’s asking us to do, and I really think we need to respect her wishes. It’s her pattern, her efforts and her rules and at the end of the day, it’s her business. I totally get where she’s coming from, while the mystery is free for us that participate (per rules) for a limited time, I can assure you it’s not free for her to make or host and it does costs her time and money to do this for us.

PamelaOry 11-25-2019 09:40 AM

I said I was confused and looking for help in understanding why she requested it. No where did I say in my post or imply, that I wasn’t going to honor her wishes. You sound like a “because I said so” kind of person. Very unhelpful.

Originally Posted by tallchick (Post 8332345)
Because it’s what she’s asking us to do, and I really think we need to respect her wishes. It’s her pattern, her efforts and her rules and at the end of the day, it’s her business. I totally get where she’s coming from, while the mystery is free for us that participate (per rules) for a limited time, I can assure you it’s not free for her to make or host and it does costs her time and money to do this for us.

PamelaOry 11-25-2019 09:43 AM

I think you are right. I have such limited experience that it will remain a mystery until the last seam.

Originally Posted by Iceblossom (Post 8332325)
I think it's to keep the mystery alive for those that are on different schedules. Too many of us have a pretty good idea of how something is going to turn out if we do know that we are making 75 9-patches or whatever, which is the reason she isn't releasing the die-cut information.

edit: Got called first thing this morning, they had cancellation for this afternoon so I will get the new water tank in today! I was going to go with hubby for bowling league night and that may still be possible. They couldn't give me a close arrival time, just sometime between noon and 6, or I could still with noon tomorrow. I took today!! Still haven't heard about the car, so I'm expecting it to be ready tomorrow too.

Sandra-P 11-25-2019 11:00 AM

Sometimes with email something might come across in a way that wasnt meant to. I dont think anyone here is trying to be unhelpful. In years past where we have participated there have been some that have crossed into an area that Bonnie has asked us not to and some of those who did got defensive when reminded that they were giving out clues as to what the mystery would be. This thread is now monitored more closely, ( it was last year) and last years mystery was just that, a mystery right up till the end. I am with you PamelaOry, even though I have done a few of these it will remain a mystery to me right up to the end.

Iceblossom 11-25-2019 12:04 PM

Oops! that was supposed to be private!

TheMerkleFamily 11-25-2019 01:15 PM

Pamela - this is just a hunch but I wonder if the more people that "click" onto her website/blog the more she might be compensated by advertisers/sponsors? I could be far off but I often follow the flow of money and find (some of) the motivation behind the noise :)

Regardless of all the hush-hush that typically surrounds her mystery - I think she offers a fabulous (and free) opportunity to have fun and learn a lot! I loved making On Ringo Lake and it was an excellent experience for me - I hope you enjoy it as well!

LyndaOH 11-25-2019 01:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've edited my fabrics a bit and I think I've got it right. I may need a bit more contrast between my light and dark blues so it might be time to search my fat quarters.