Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2019-2020-frolic-mystery-t307758.html)

joe'smom 01-18-2020 06:43 PM

audsgirl, the way to post pictures is the same as before (at least, the way I do it). You choose 'go advanced' at the bottom of the post, then choose 'manage attachments.' You then browse to choose your photo. The only difference now is that you have to make the 'manage attachments' box very wide in order to see the 'upload' button. Would love to see your photos!

I am done sewing the strips and pressing for my re-do of clue 2, using softer whites and creams. Going now to cut them, and then I'm in business.

It is really a treat to see these blocks take shape!!

WMUTeach 01-18-2020 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by WendyMcD (Post 8352311)
Is there anyone else here who hasn't started? I downloaded all the PDF's and now that I see the quilt I wish I had started at the beginning.

I have not started yet! I have a quilting project that needs my full attention for just a couple of more weeks.. When I saw the reveal, I was ready to just pass on this. Now that I am seeing some of your squares, I know that "I can do that". I guess I am just a little frustrated with how hard the directions are or perhaps I should say confusing. Do I really want to devote that much time to a quilt when I have so many others that I was to make. I need time to ponder.

Maybe after my big project is finished I can look at the BHMQ with a more clear head.

JeanieG 01-18-2020 08:19 PM

Joe'smom - I am also using cream color squares for the final clue. Also thought the white was too stark next to the medium/dark fabrics.

KalamaQuilts 01-19-2020 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by audsgirl (Post 8352507)
Kalama, wishing you well with your surgery. Maybe someday I will be able to learn how to post pictures and add an avatar. It seems that every time they change the Quilting Board, it gets more difficult to figure out how to navigate it.Leslie

thank you Leslie, I'm sure it will be a piece of cake.

To add your avatar (the little photo that shows beside our posts)
Upper right, click on your board name.
In the options that come up, click on User Control Panel
Down the left side of the screen, click on Avatar.
Follow the prompts.

Iceblossom 01-19-2020 06:57 AM

Well, I only got done with about half my sets yesterday -- but I figured out some things to improve my project. When I cut my "neutrals" for the sashing, if I cut it from the brighter school bus yellow to orange range, that will help where it touches the Parakeet. I'll still have the wide variety including lots of the paler yellows in the rectangular sets.

The block sub-units are going together well and easily, I'm just goofing around on my computer game and otherwise slacking quilting wise. I'd like to get the pinwheel sets done by Tuesday to take the blocks to my group.

The snow finally melted and so far today it's rather nice and mild outside. Yay us, sorry for those in the bad storms.

GramE 01-19-2020 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by WendyMcD (Post 8352311)
Is there anyone else here who hasn't started? I downloaded all the PDF's and now that I see the quilt I wish I had started at the beginning.

I’m like you, I have down loaded the clues but life is too busy and too many projects ongoing to start a new one!

joe'smom 01-19-2020 09:21 AM

So there is a rather exciting variation showing up on Quiltville. In the corner unit (not the corner of the quilt, but the corner of the block), people are using HSTs rather than squares. Since the examples I saw were alternate colorways, I wasn't quite sure which HSTs they were using. It occurred to me that this might be a way to introduce more green -- make neutral/green HSTs for that spot. I haven't really gotten my mind around all the ways this affects the appearance of block, so I'm going to experiment.

Tweety2911 01-19-2020 09:54 AM

Clues done

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Joe's mom for posting instructions to upload pictures.

Kalamaquilts wishing you well on your upcoming surgery. Prayers for a perfect outcome.

Great job on your blocks Belfrybat and armyband vet!

Haven't started to put units into blocks yet but happily they are all done.

joe'smom 01-19-2020 09:58 AM

You're welcome, Tweety! Your units look wonderful and vibrant!

So my conclusion with this HST variation is that it is a nice effect if you don't have your blocks on point, but does nothing for the design if you do. And the green idea was a total no-go.

SusieQOH 01-19-2020 10:30 AM

Tweety, I love your blocks!!!