Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2019-2020-frolic-mystery-t307758.html)

love to sew 01-19-2020 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by armybandvet (Post 8352362)
I finally have some blocks! Count me among the 'leisurely' finishers please! Winter came back to visit and I believe 3 blocks might be all I've got in me today. There's a partial top still on my super fancy design sheet that needs to come down, so I'm bouncing between the two.

I love seeing everyone's blocks! Every last one of them is just beautiful!

What is on the side of you blocks?

armybandvet 01-20-2020 05:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by love to sew (Post 8352910)
What is on the side of you blocks?

It's one of the free patterns from Quiltville called Smokey Mountain Stars. It was missing a column or two in the Frolic block photo. Here's a not great photo of the whole thing.

Queenbarbiej 01-20-2020 07:21 AM

I didn't like the layout of Bonnies mystery quilt. I thought it was too busy for me. I'm changing it up. I will still use the blocks with the pinwheels. But I am using the hst in a different block to go with the pinwheel blocks. As soon as I get it done I will post a picture.

Sandra-P 01-20-2020 07:24 AM

I have four blocks up on my design wall and love them but am just kind of burned out at the moment. I haven't sewn any together and need to take a couple day break. I am doing the Sarah Vedeler Peace Village and the first block came out today. Had a two day embroidery class on Friday and Saturday and I think I am still tired from that. Kalama, I hope your surgery is over and done with and all will be well. I have to go in on Feb 6 for another surgery as well and am not looking forward to it but just want it done and over. Guess we are getting to a certain age Lol. Love seeing the pics and reading the posts. Here in Florida we are going to have a cool down in our weather so am making a potato soup.

SusieQOH 01-20-2020 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej (Post 8352992)
I didn't like the layout of Bonnies mystery quilt. I thought it was too busy for me. I'm changing it up. I will still use the blocks with the pinwheels. But I am using the hst in a different block to go with the pinwheel blocks. As soon as I get it done I will post a picture.

I feel the same way. Just too busy with the fabrics I used. I'm going to change things up a bit. I really don't think the border does anything for the quilt.

peaceandjoy 01-20-2020 10:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I swear I did not struggle this much with delivering either of our daughters. Okay, I had really easy deliveries, but still...

My first block was going together great. Except one row was sewn on upside down. Figures, as every single point had just fallen into place! Ripped it off, turned it around, sewed back on. I swear, one of the points took 3 tries to get it on. Grrr...

I think I can handle one a day. Going to have to figure out how to improve that, as I don't want this hanging around for a month, I want it done so I can move on to other things, lol!

SusieQOH 01-20-2020 11:04 AM

peaceandjoy- your post made me laugh.
I love the block, looks great!

JeanieG 01-20-2020 11:23 AM

peaceandjoy - Your block is beautiful! I am laying out one at a time, and sewing it. Works for me!

SusieQOH 01-20-2020 01:21 PM

I don't know how I did this but in putting my blocks together I have 4 blocks that don't match so I'm slowly redoing them.
What I think happened was that I totally misread and cut one whole clue!!!
I have a pile now to stitch, then I can put the blocks together.
I'm taking my time.

Carol in WI 01-20-2020 01:53 PM

Peace and joy your block is beautiful and all the points look prefect! It will be stunning. I'm feeling overwhelmed at times with how much time is invested into this quilt....just putting one block together seems to take forever. I've put together kits for 5 so far and will challenge myself to 2/day.