Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2019-2020-frolic-mystery-t307758.html)

retiredteacher09 03-09-2020 04:36 PM

origamigoldfish: Very pretty and congratulations on getting the top this far.

WMUTeach 03-09-2020 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by joe'smom (Post 8367513)
origami, your colors are so spring-like and fresh. I love it! I would use whichever border fabric you have enough of for both borders. I think the whiter ones look better than the tan.

Goldfish, I agree with Joe'smom. I don't care for the two tans. They distract from your quilt colors. Any chance you would get just enough of the back/white polk-a-dot or the lovely fuchsia for a narrow, inner border?

audsgirl 03-09-2020 06:59 PM

Your top looks wonderful, Origami! I agree with the others that the white would look really good with your blocks. It maintains the freshness of the quilt. Congratulations on completing the top.

Leslie

origamigoldfish 03-10-2020 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach (Post 8367622)
Goldfish, I agree with Joe'smom. I don't care for the two tans. They distract from your quilt colors. Any chance you would get just enough of the back/white polk-a-dot or the lovely fuchsia for a narrow, inner border?

I might have enough of the dark fuchsia with the black crosses to do an in inner border...the navy polka dot was a fat quarter with the printed selvedge edge, not the label side. I have been trying to ID it for a few weeks.

Thank you for all the lovely comments!

jmoore 03-22-2020 08:10 AM

OragamiGF, love your quilt and fabric choice...it looks awesome.
I have been away from Frolic for a couple of months but just pulled all my pieces out yesterday and just finished the 25 pairs from Part 8. Looks like I will be able to start construction blocks from here. : )

still trying to figure out how to post a photo : /

Iceblossom 03-22-2020 08:29 AM

I was wondering whether or not anyone has picked this up again as being the perfect project for being socially isolated. I know that I could actually be pretty happy boiling large pots of fabric right now but on the other hand, I'm thankful that I do not!

Honestly, I've been in what I'm describing as a post-Frolic hangover. I did a flurry of costuming for Hubby and I to go to the XFL Dragons games, but those were cancelled too, and I've been just moping about, not really doing much, cleaning up after the Frolic and costuming. It's really rare for me to not be doing something quilted related (other than thinking and chatting) each day.

I'm starting to get back into the desire for sewing but spending more time on-line in my role playing game slaying dragons.

Carol in WI 03-22-2020 12:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have just finished the center portion of Frolic and now need advice on the borders. The center measures 96 x 96 so it seems almost too large for just the diamond border, but the added pinwheels seem too busy. The dark blue may be just right ( Goldilocks here), but that means I would have to buy more fabric...oh darn. What do you ladies think?

tallchick 03-22-2020 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Carol in WI (Post 8371285)
I have just finished the center portion of Frolic and now need advice on the borders. The center measures 96 x 96 so it seems almost too large for just the diamond border, but the added pinwheels seem too busy. The dark blue may be just right ( Goldilocks here), but that means I would have to buy more fabric...oh darn. What do you ladies think?

Carol,

I love the last pic with the dark blue border, that will be a fantastic finish! I love the colors you chose and I can’t wait to see it all done!

QuiltingVagabond 03-22-2020 01:56 PM

Just today I pressed and trimmed the 9-patch units that make up the main blocks. I have a top to quilt tomorrow before I start working on Frolic again.

Iceblossom 03-22-2020 02:02 PM

I really like that version 3 with the dark edge, holds it all together nicely!