Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2019-2020-frolic-mystery-t307758.html)

PamelaOry 12-02-2019 01:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]620430[/ATTACH]

here’s my clue 1. All done except the squaring up. I really like how easily the seams spun. I had no idea it made a difference which way you put the unit through! I sure hope my colors end up working out. I tried to follow the paint chips but went mostly with stash so we will see.

SusieQOH 12-02-2019 01:54 PM

Pamela, those look wonderful!

WMUTeach 12-02-2019 08:59 PM

Girlfriend, you are far ahead of me. I have one fuchsia and one blue picked out. On the other hand, I will not be starting my efforts until February, so I figure I have time. You have some beauties in your selection.

origamigoldfish 12-03-2019 06:08 AM

I am going to start my squares today, and hopefully finish them tomorrow! I hope the next clue isn't very complicated or time consuming, because I won't have another day off until next Thursday. I hope it is something I can get done in one day...I don't want to get behind.

All of the pictures have been inspiring me to get moving...thank you!

jmoore 12-03-2019 07:46 AM

Girlfriend and PamelaOry, your fabrics and 4 patch blocks look wonderful.

SusieQ, I remember my first BH mystery a few years back (Allietare) and how crazy it was especially trying to fit sewing into the month of December...just take it one step at a time and have fun. I don’t think I finished mine until late the following year.

ILoveToQuilt 12-03-2019 08:04 AM

!!!! If I want to make half size (41x41) quilt, do I just make half the number of blocks? Sorry, math is not my strong point. I know in other BH mysteries I would have thought to only do half the number, but when folks figured out the math, it turned out to be another number.

Thanks in advance to our mathematicians. I sooooo appreciate your help.

joe'smom 12-03-2019 08:13 AM

ILovetoQuilt, you could start out with 1/2, then at the reveal you would be able to tell precisely how many more units you would need. I think it would depend on the quilt. If I recall correctly, 3/4 was a good number for a smaller En Provence.

happylab 12-03-2019 08:36 AM

I completed sewing my required strip pieces together. I just need to cut out a few more purple stripes to make extra blocks for enlarging the top. I'll post pics when I have the required done.

I'm also working on finishing a Halloween top still putting together 4-Patches and 1/2 squares for that project. My other project is a RWB top for my Niece. On this project I need to just put together 28 stars and square up 28 1/2 square triangles and then I can put the top together and I'm done. Then it is happy quilting time.

Krisb 12-03-2019 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by ILoveToQuilt (Post 8335674)
!!!! If I want to make half size (41x41) quilt, do I just make half the number of blocks? Sorry, math is not my strong point. I know in other BH mysteries I would have thought to only do half the number, but when folks figured out the math, it turned out to be another number.

Thanks in advance to our mathematicians. I sooooo appreciate your help.

The full size quilt is 82x82, about 6700 square inches. A 41x41 quilt is just under 1700 square inches, 1/4 the size. One-third of the units should be enough. Half will be more than enough—you can put any extra units on the back. It all depends on the layout—I am doing half and hope to get a wall hanging about 55” square.

sewbizgirl 12-03-2019 10:22 AM

It's really fun to see all of your pretty 4 patches! I love lurking here. I've decided I'm just not into the mystery, myself, but will watch to see what all of you are doing. Looking great, so far!