Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2019-2020-frolic-mystery-t307758.html)

joe'smom 12-09-2019 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Girlfriend (Post 8337885)
Joe's Mom - I love your fabrics, and especially your neutrals. You have an excellent eye for color.

Thanks, Girlfriend. Ever since I started making Bonnie quilts, I always keep an eye out for neutrals, and always search 'cream,' 'ivory' and 'white' when I shop for fabric.

PamelaOry 12-09-2019 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]620764[/ATTACH]

I got my clue 2 done. I’m a little worried that all my neutrals are wow or woc and that my quilt is going to lack depth and interest now that I see all the variety and prints in everyone’s neutrals.

AngeliaNR 12-09-2019 08:08 PM

Pamela, I think your neutrals are beautiful!

Kassaundra 12-09-2019 08:48 PM

BH quilts have so much going on I like something restful in them, I think your neutrals will look awesome.

Originally Posted by PamelaOry (Post 8338320)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]620764[/ATTACH]

I got my clue 2 done. I’m a little worried that all my neutrals are wow or woc and that my quilt is going to lack depth and interest now that I see all the variety and prints in everyone’s neutrals.

joe'smom 12-09-2019 11:41 PM

Pamela, your neutrals are gorgeous. A quieter neutral look can be just as beautiful as a busy one, especially in Bonnie's busy quilts.

Carol in WI 12-10-2019 03:22 AM

I agree with the others Pamela - your quilt will look elegantly beautiful! I haven't posted any pictures of mine yet as I am also using yardage and at this point seems to lack that wow factor. I am anxious to see your finished product.

PamelaOry 12-10-2019 05:24 AM

Thank you everyone! I hope you’re right that it’s going to turn out ok.

im a little afraid of when the harder clues hit but so far am keeping up.

SusieQOH 12-10-2019 12:14 PM

I thought the 2nd clue was a lot easier than the 1st one. I feel good that I am caught up. That's likely to change though :)
Pamela- yours are beautiful.

Jordan 12-10-2019 03:04 PM

SouthPStiches-I am with you and really like to see the end/finished quilt before I start any mystery so that is why I am lurking and really enjoying the colors of fabrics everyone is using. Anxious to see the end project of everyone's quilt.

SusieQOH 12-10-2019 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches (Post 8338046)
Enjoying following along with this thread. Love seeing everyone's color interpretations. I'm one of your loudest cheerleaders on Bonnie's mystery quilts and join you in spirit. I'm just not able to start a project when I can't see even a single final picture of what the project is meant to look like.

Small world Wildyard and SusieQH, I live about an our south east of the greater Syracuse NY area; the "southern hills".

SouthPStitches- I grew up in Utica and lived for several years in Camillus and Fayetteville. I shoveled enough for 5 lives! :D