Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2019-2020-frolic-mystery-t307758.html)

KalamaQuilts 12-12-2019 07:25 AM

I've been enjoying watching my chosen 'constant' fabric travel from San Antonio Texas to my PO Box. It has apparently left Portland OR so might be in my box today! A day early! :) Doesn't take much to entertain me...
I'm hoping to have the top currently on the working wall completed today. I told Rob yesterday the only drawback I know to being a passionate quilter, is it actually takes so long to see progress. A completion is (all caps) Visible Progress!

Lovely top charmed! I always forget brown is even a color, and as I work with it this week, I love how rich it is in all it's scrappy permutations.

NZquilter 12-12-2019 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by toverly (Post 8339126)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]620822[/ATTACH] Yeah! I caught up. Amazingly, I only had to trim down the rectangular pieces. I had the correct sizes in my bag of precuts from scraps. Ready for Friday.

I love yours! Are you going "all-out" scrappy, just looking at the values not colors? I was thinking of doing that myself since I have so many scraps, but I'm waiting until after the reveal to start.

toverly 12-12-2019 10:59 AM

NZquilter, I started out making the 4 patches cool/warm to replace the raspberry/blue. Then I thought raspberry/neutral would translate to warm/neutral. I'm really deciding as I go. Not certain if it will work, but it's all colors. So it truly will be a surprise when it comes out. The all over green as a constant is going to be cool color scrappy. That's as far as I have it figured by now. Looking forward to tomorrow.

origamigoldfish 12-12-2019 12:58 PM

I almost have my clue #2 done...have been plugging away slowly at it after work, had a pile of strips to subcut today, and I am five short after all is said and done. I need to do one more short strip set this evening to finish up.

After a lot of struggle, I finally figured out my seam consistency issues stems from pressing. My ironing board is too soft, and the seams on the longer strips were bowing, among other things. Making sure I press everything on my wool mat, even though it's little one, has fixed my size issues.

I love seeing how everyone else's colors are playing out...keep up the good work!

origamigoldfish 12-12-2019 01:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Edit: I'm finished! Ready for step 3!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]620846[/ATTACH]

SusieQOH 12-12-2019 04:37 PM

Origami, pretty raspberries! I love that color but didn't have a whole lot in my stash, which surprised me. But I improvised a bit.

jmoore 12-12-2019 05:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Toverly, I can’t wait to see how your colors come together.
SusieQ, it sounds like you are enjoying this mystery ... and that you are caught up.
I just returned home from a month long visit with my kids in California but managed to pull some fabrics together this week and have finished clue 1.
DH and I are off to Boston this weekend to see Celine Dion in concert so I’ll have to catch up on Clue 2 and 3 next week. [ATTACH=CONFIG]620849[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]620850[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]620851[/ATTACH]

joe'smom 12-12-2019 07:12 PM

Beautiful grandchildren, jmoore! Your fabrics look great.

I wonder if we'll use our green or aqua tomorrow.

SusieQOH 12-12-2019 07:24 PM

jmoore- what darling children!
And yes, I am enjoying this mystery=! :) So glad I signed up.

jmoore 12-13-2019 04:03 AM

As you can see from my stash pull I have plenty of the green and aqua, but I’ll definitely have to pick up some Framboise along the way...especially since it calls for 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 yds.