Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Burgoyne Surrounded Sew-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/burgoyne-surrounded-sew-along-t299930.html)

jclinganrey 10-19-2018 12:32 PM

Ouch! RICE - rest, ice, compression & elevation. See if you can figure out to sew & have your injured knee/leg propped up???

frustratedquilter40 10-19-2018 05:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
oksewglad hope your knee feels better soon so you can get in some sewing.

Here is my Step #2. Has been done for a few days but wanted to wait until jclinganerey posted the link today.

It really helps keep me on track and accountable. Thank you
[ATTACH=CONFIG]602775[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 10-20-2018 05:01 AM

Strips made for Christmas Quilt; will press and sew 9 patches today. Loving this pattern and seeing what others are doing.

Macybaby 10-20-2018 05:22 AM

There are so many pretty colors going on with all the projects! I really like what Silk is doing and may keep that idea for a later quilt, and the christmas colors is great but so is the scrappy with all the yummy reds!

oksewglad - hope you recover fine, it's such a drag that as we get older we just don't recover and bounce back well. And plenty parts hurt just because!

oksewglad 10-20-2018 06:15 AM

Thanks for the concern, ladies...It's much better today and think I can tackle the stairs. Yes age has its disadvantages, but with age comes wisdom, right? Not sure if I would want to be on a roof today...here in my neck of the woods we have 40+ mph wind gusts. But the sun is shining...a welcome relief after a dreary Sept and early Oct.

fq40...love your colors!

Lucky me my Qbuddies were over on Wednesday and both machines were still set up on the dining room table. I did get a little sewing done, but not so sure if I want to carry the Bernina back down the stairs! (May get one of the grands to help me with it.) The BS quilt project is down there, but my gratitude blocks are up here and I've got 2 of 20 done and ready to sit and sew for a while on the others.

QuiltnNan 10-21-2018 03:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This one won best Visual Impact at our quilt show this week. She calls it Scraps Surrounded and the gray background is not quite as dark as it appears in the picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]602893[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 10-21-2018 05:06 PM

Oh what a beauty, QNan....the dark background really complements the scraps...thanks for sharing.

jclinganrey 10-22-2018 08:27 AM

Very pretty quilt. Hopefully it will inspire us. I think it's great to see various renditions of a classic quilt. So many pssibilities - - -

jclinganrey 10-22-2018 10:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my 4 patch units:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]602918[/ATTACH]

frustratedquilter40 10-22-2018 12:11 PM

QuiltnNan your quilt is beautiful and definitely an inspiration!

jclinganrey beautiful 4 patches will live to see how your contolled scrappy turns out. Beautifiul 30's fabric. If you run short on certain colors let me know I have a few chunks left.