Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Burgoyne Surrounded Sew-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/burgoyne-surrounded-sew-along-t299930.html)

givio 10-06-2018 11:08 AM

Wow, fq40, That's going to be a red quilt! I don't want to make a pale background, so your choice is encouraging me. You have lovely fabrics.

givio 10-06-2018 11:33 AM

oksewglad, Thanks! That was helpful. The Week 1 instructions are great if you are doing constant colors, but if I want mine scrappy the cutting is a bit different... And doing completely scrappy chains and circles is different than doing a constant chain and circle per each block. Scrappy is sorta complicated, or a bit more time consuming! lol But I think it will be a bit easier doing the chains and circles with the same print per each block...

frustratedquilter40 10-06-2018 11:56 AM

Thank you everyone I messed up I was going to make my chain blue. Lost my train of thought so will move forward with the circle being blue maybe or just be 2 color we will see. I have a lot of red scraps. Can't wait to see everyone's choices and progress.

SusieQOH 10-06-2018 02:26 PM

SBG and NZ- you need to join us! Most of us probably have too many projects going too haha

jclinganrey 10-06-2018 04:05 PM

Wow, Frustratedquilter. I'm impressed! I'm about half-way finished with my 4-patches mostly because I'm trying to think through various color combinations for my blocks; don't want to have too many of one color, i.e., purple/background 4-patches. I'll probably end up with extra 4-patches - - - oh well - - -

oksewglad 10-06-2018 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 8138804)
oksewglad, Thanks! That was helpful. The Week 1 instructions are great if you are doing constant colors, but if I want mine scrappy the cutting is a bit different... And doing completely scrappy chains and circles is different than doing a constant chain and circle per each block. Scrappy is sorta complicated, or a bit more time consuming! lol But I think it will be a bit easier doing the chains and circles with the same print per each block...

You're welcome, givio..ok

fq40...I feel your pain. I redrew my cutting diagrams on graph paper and I labeled the strips chain and circle, plus colored with red and pink colors. Looking at the pdf diagrams would confuse me! That being said...I still have to press and cut my background fabric.

Meanwhile I have a small quilt on the LA ready to quilt...I call it Waste Baskets...12 basket blocks and 6 plus connector blocks made from waste triangles!

toverly 10-07-2018 06:13 AM

I'm so anxious to start. I have white fabric on order but my blue is washed and ready to go. Love this pattern.

QuiltingNinaSue 10-07-2018 08:02 AM

Ok, I think you have me interested since you and Givio, and SBG are doing it, I may want to tag along too, since I only have a dozen other things I could be doing, this looks like so much fun! and to have help is priceless! I will try to keep up, I like the scheduled posting every two weeks, love the pattern. Guess I had better wash up my scraps from my stash and get started if it alright to join, too?

oksewglad 10-07-2018 08:55 AM

I'm not the PTB in this thread...but I welcome you, QNS!

I still have to press background fabric...I got distracted...again. I have a small basket "thank you" quilt on the LA ready to quilt. Then selecting fabric for a second "thank you" quilt. I have fabric for 3 borders and now trying to find scraps for the blocks. Looking forward to getting started on this quilt as well.

Oh sew many projects, so don't feel guilty about starting another one, folks!

jclinganrey 10-07-2018 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by frustratedquilter40 (Post 8138499)
I have my Step #1 done. Doing Red Scrappy for background white for Chain and blue for circle. I think :thumbup:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]602108[/ATTACH]

It's going to be beautiful!