Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Giant Scrappy Swoon Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/giant-scrappy-swoon-quilt-along-t262524.html)

jclinganrey 06-05-2015 04:33 PM

I have half of the top put together and had to take a break. AAAAaaaahhhh!!!! Am working tomorrow so hope to finish it Sunday.

Does anyone know how to get our pics posted in the picture section? Wouldn't it be really cool to see all our different swoons in one spot???

sewbizgirl 06-05-2015 04:34 PM

There is a member named cat-on-a-mac who posts all the photos in the quilt photo albums. You could contact her and ask about it. I think it's a neat idea.

Originally Posted by jclinganrey (Post 7217942)
I have half of the top put together and had to take a break. AAAAaaaahhhh!!!! Am working tomorrow so hope to finish it Sunday.

Does anyone know how to get our pics posted in the picture section? Wouldn't it be really cool to see all our different swoons in one spot???

Windblown 06-05-2015 10:06 PM

I was hoping that they would be posted all together! They are all so beautiful and individual, they need to be seen all in one place. <3 :SEW:

kathryn7887 06-06-2015 07:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
hope this goes
I really like it.
figured if I quilt it this way I don't have to worry about puckering or overrunning lines. just putting stars in the squares-frontwards and backwards doing ok I think
kathryn

givio 06-07-2015 07:32 AM

kathryn7887, That's going to be a lot of stars! I've started quilting mine too. I'm quilting in the ditch, about a third of the way done. Quilting is not my favourite part of the project...

kathryn7887 06-07-2015 10:21 AM

I'm thinking that too. so I think I will only do the red in stars and the white in stripes and the blue in something. This is the 2nd quilt I have quilted, so I thought that forward and backward would be ok. but it's going to take way to much time.

Janice McC 06-07-2015 08:34 PM

Not really able to work on it right now but maybe in a week or two. We'll see. In the meantime, I've got to say I love all of the swoons I've seen posted here. Wonderful colors. Lovely work everyone!

Originally Posted by jclinganrey (Post 7215211)
Great job on the rainbow Swoon. Everything is looking wonderful. I'm wrapping mine up too. Yes, it takes up lots of space on my design wall. Overflowing, in fact.

Many have already finished!!! Yeah!!! How many are sill plugging along??

jclinganrey 06-08-2015 06:30 PM

So sorry for the delay, everyone! Here's the (very simple) next step:

GIANT SCRAPPY SWOON STEP 7

36 3 ½” squares of your SECONDARY color.Sew nine squares together to make anine-patch block measuring 9 ½” unfinished.Sew four of these blocks.

Many of us are past this point but will post it anyway.

I don't think there's any need to post a picture since we're all using different colors, right?

Any questions - let me know -- - -

judy363905 06-08-2015 07:34 PM

Thank you Jane, this is on the top of my list for morning. :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

judy363905 06-09-2015 03:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am really running out of design wall space... Step 7 completed :) thank you Jane

Judy in Phx, AZ