Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Giant Scrappy Swoon Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/giant-scrappy-swoon-quilt-along-t262524.html)

judy363905 06-29-2015 02:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah. I finishing piecing the red 3-1/2 in squares for outside. I joined four 9 patches of 9 - 9 patch blocks and still have the outside center units to join. Look what formed from these units. Almost a quilt of its own. Lol :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

givio 06-29-2015 05:59 PM

Great work, girls! Love to see the pictures!

jaba 06-29-2015 06:22 PM

Mine is ready for quilting but working on Park County Fair quilts to enter this year. 3 custom designs that need binding and hanging sleeves yet and I have 2 1/2 weeks. Hoping to get them done

DebbieJJ 06-30-2015 03:42 AM

I'm still working on mine too...I'm quilting one right now, and need to finish it to get it off my frame, but have a rheumatology drs. appt. this morning. That's at least a 3 1/2 chunk out of my day, plus I've had my 10 yr-old great-niece for a few days, so I didn't get any quilting or sewing done. She's growing up too fast! Almost forgot (how did I do that?) yesterday, DH needed my help to take down a fence.....again, no sewing or quilting.

jclinganrey 06-30-2015 05:20 PM

There is still time to sign up for the July Fat Quarter Swap. The theme is Dots! Dots! Dots!

Janice McC 07-01-2015 04:02 AM

Only 11 more blocks to go! This shot had 19 left. I like the way it's turning out but I've realized that the white/cream and the yellows I used don't give enough contrast for me but chalk this up to a lesson learned. Next time, (did I say that?), more contrast.

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 7242333)
Still working! I'm on a push to get it done since I just finished the Florabunda top.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523873[/ATTACH]

givio 07-01-2015 05:42 AM

Janice McC, I had the same learning experience. I didn't have enough contrast between my light blue primary color and medium blue background. I intended in the beginning to use three shades of blue, but ended up changing the dark blue for the secondary color to red/orange/yellow. I'm making it for a wedding present and found out the bride likes bright colors... so all blue didn't seem the right thing to do. In the end, I like the change of the secondary color, but sort of wish I'd used the dark blues for the background instead of the medium blues.

jclinganrey 07-14-2015 07:16 AM

How's everyone coming along? Just curious - - - how many are still working on their Swoon? Keep us posted!!

And of course, please post pics. . . . .

sewbizgirl 07-14-2015 07:26 AM

Just finished quilting mine yesterday. Will take pics as soon as I get the binding on it. I just LOVE how it turned out!

Bluebonnets 07-15-2015 09:08 PM

I'm hand quilting my gray and aqua/green now. Loving it! My red and black one is still waiting to be finished piecing.