Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Harriet's Journey BOM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/harriets-journey-bom-t314256.html)

toverly 03-13-2021 04:15 AM

Good Morning Everyone! Thanks for the early start DottyD. I am so looking forward to this. I love the skipping around with the block numbers. That will make it so much more interesting at the finale. Company is in town for the start of Spring Break this weekend so I can't start till Monday. It's just so great to see them. I have my fabrics all ready to go! Love your blocks DottyD, the colors are awesome.

DottyD 03-13-2021 04:19 AM

Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by toverly (Post 8467971)
Good Morning Everyone! Thanks for the early start DottyD. I am so looking forward to this. I love the skipping around with the block numbers. That will make it so much more interesting at the finale. Company is in town for the start of Spring Break this weekend so I can't start till Monday. It's just so great to see them. I have my fabrics all ready to go! Love your blocks DottyD, the colors are awesome.

Good morning Tish - as I am in the UK I am probably 6 + hours ahead of the US - it is just turned 12.15 here ! Thank you for your kind comments !

toverly 03-13-2021 04:57 AM

That's so funny, I guess my coffee hasn't kicked in yet. I didn't even think of the time difference. I'm US Central time. Have a great day!

joe'smom 03-13-2021 08:46 AM

Dotty, it is so inspiring to see your finished blocks. They look beautiful! I think that's really going to add incentive for people to finish theirs.

I received notice that my book might be delivered today; we'll see.

Teen 03-13-2021 08:56 AM

Beautiful blocks, Dotty.... all your fabrics are so pretty. I plan on making mine in order because of the layout I designed....I want to assemble as I go so I won’t be working on the same blocks for the most part but I’ll still share if that is ok.

DottyD 03-13-2021 12:01 PM

Thank you joe'smom and Teen, I really hope you enjoy making these lovely blocks !

Blueridgebeverly 03-13-2021 01:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dotty, your blocks look wonderful! Thank you for posting them all. I like that you gave us a 4-week plan to work from.

Here are my week 1 blocks. The A-5 block - Buckeye Beauty - called for medium green and beige. I’m using khaki in place of green. The Super Bloom collection doesn’t have green in it. I’ll have to see if I like khaki in its place.

DottyD 03-13-2021 02:11 PM

Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by Blueridgebeverly (Post 8468181)
Dotty, your blocks look wonderful! Thank you for posting them all. I like that you gave us a 4-week plan to work from.

Here are my week 1 blocks. The A-5 block - Buckeye Beauty - called for medium green and beige. I’m using khaki in place of green. The Super Bloom collection doesn’t have green in it. I’ll have to see if I like khaki in its place.

Your blocks are looking good - is your name Beverly ? I am just using ivory for background and beige, light and dark blues and reds.

WMUTeach 03-13-2021 04:33 PM

I did my shopping today as planed. I have never in my life spent so much money on one quilt. I am guessing that I will have plenty of leftovers to make a companion quilt or two. Am I justifying or just shopping ahead? I took my 12 year-old grandson with me as my color consultant. He did a good job at picking our colors that not only were of the right hue and tone. I would take him again. He has good instincts and we had good conversations about decision making, where you start and why some colors did not fit well with others. Photos tomorrow when I can get my color choices out into natural light. Looking forward to getting started.

DottyD 03-14-2021 01:28 AM

Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach (Post 8468244)
I did my shopping today as planed. I have never in my life spent so much money on one quilt. I am guessing that I will have plenty of leftovers to make a companion quilt or two. Am I justifying or just shopping ahead? I took my 12 year-old grandson with me as my color consultant. He did a good job at picking our colors that not only were of the right hue and tone. I would take him again. He has good instincts and we had good conversations about decision making, where you start and why some colors did not fit well with others. Photos tomorrow when I can get my color choices out into natural light. Looking forward to getting started.

It looks as though you had a wonderful shopping trip and had a great companion with you. Glad you have found a nice collection of fabrics ! Look forward to seeing what you have made ! It is Mother's Day here in the UK today and the sun is shining !