Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Harriet's Journey BOM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/harriets-journey-bom-t314256.html)

WMUTeach 11-18-2021 04:18 AM

I started to assemble my quilt this week. I like it in the photo in the book, but I like it even better now. Photo this weekend. I need to make a little more progress so you can get a sense of what the "whole" will look like. I am so excited.

BethA 11-18-2021 02:12 PM

I have not finished my blocks for the month. I had foot surgery on Nov. 2, my pedal foot, and have not been able to sew. I am looking forward to getting back to sewing soon.

Beth

joe'smom 11-18-2021 03:21 PM

BethA, I hope you are back to sewing soon!

WMUTeach 11-18-2021 04:18 PM

Have you tried left footing it? Tee-Hee-Hee. Or your can cut and bag the pieces for your next blocks. Don't let a bum foot keep you away from HJ! I understand a pain in the foot, just teasing. Smile it will get better.

WMUTeach 11-19-2021 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Added one more row this morning and won't get to work on this piece for a day or two. None-the-less, here is a "progress to finish" photo of my alternate layout (page 91.)

DottyD 11-20-2021 03:52 AM

Harriet's Journey BOM

2 Attachment(s)
Good morning ladies, hope you are all well.

Beth, I hope your foot heals quickly.

Your layout is wonderful. WMUTeach - I really like it.

I love your colour choice Joe'smom.

Still no news about my heart procedure, I have a hospital 'phone call appointment next Friday, maybe I will get something sorted out then.

I am not surprised at the delay as numbers of Covid are on the up again here !

So here are your next eight blocks :-

Saturday 20th November.

I4 Spinning Wheel P 70

I9 Willamette Valley Rose P 75.

I substituted this block with M8, Dogtooth Violet with M8 P 30 of Sylvia's Bridal Sampler.

Saturday 27th November.

E2 Gretchen P 44

E10 Lemoyne Star P49.

Saturday 4th December.

J1 Swamp Rose P77. ( In my book the Foundation Pattern for pattern B has no numbers printed on it )

J 4 Union Squares P 78.

Saturday 11th December.

B 5 City of Spindles P 24.

B 8 Corner Star P 26

I will post some blocks next month - but over a longer period because of Christmas and the New Year.

Here are my versions of this months blocks !

Mkotch 11-20-2021 04:02 AM

My smaller quilt is at the long armer's, and I am already missing making the blocks each month. Dotty D., hope your heart issues get sorted out soon. It's hard to wait, isn't it? I do love the colors you're using for your HJ. Very bright and cheery.
Marianne

DottyD 11-20-2021 04:08 AM

Thank you Marianne. Take care.

joe'smom 11-20-2021 09:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
WMUTeach, your HJ is looking wonderful. I love the vintage look you have achieved with your fabric choices!

Dotty, I hope that phone call turns into something definite for you! Your blocks are gorgeous as always.

This was my easiest month -- I just plucked the blocks off the wall. I haven't tackled that applique block yet, still working on the oak leaves. I've figured out my sashing; now I will have to push myself to work on it. I've found it's not quite as motivating as the blocks were. My LeMoyne star below is a mess, but hopefully I will be able to quilt it into submission.

BethA 11-20-2021 04:05 PM

My J1 B has numbers if any one need them.