Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Newbies challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/newbies-challenge-t38362.html)

pottsella 03-18-2011 10:55 PM

Very cool.........I know that quilt holds lots of memories for you and you can treasure it for years to come!

Little Sue 4.9 03-19-2011 08:44 AM

That's a really nice thought. We are shy when it comes to asking the right question without sounding stupid or dumb.

janblack 03-20-2011 03:01 PM

Free to good quilting home. I am new to quilting, house broke (mostly) and will give my heart for some good quilting advise

LeonMom 03-21-2011 04:53 AM

Up for adoption: Me. :)

I'm not new to the quilting world, hand-pieced and hand-quilted several quilts in my early days. My SILs called me a puriest, in a kind sisterly way. Then life and kids took over and my quilting took a far back seat.

Several years ago a friend reintroduced me to quilting by forcing me to join her at a quilt show. I started machine quilting and just took the plunge and purchased a Longarm. :thumbup:

Definitely need guidance, help, lingo explanation...........

Jewel7 03-23-2011 05:21 AM

I have been quilting since summer. I have completed 2 disappearing nine patch quilts and 2 "Too Cute To Cut" quilts and currently working on my 3rd "Too Cute To Cut." I would like to know if you would be interested in adopting me as I have much to learn and am looking forward to expanding my knowledge! :)

candykisses31061 03-23-2011 11:03 AM

You can help me I have been quilting i guess 8 months just did around the world what a time i had with it. I will take any thing u have to offer to help me do some quilts for children and i also quilt for the woulded soldiers in afganistan and now for children and teen with serios dieases with a pillowcase to match.
my screen name is candykisses 31061 or email [email protected]

Nancy Ritchotte

mscyndi 03-25-2011 01:53 PM

If you can not drop your foot on your machine use an old credit card tape it to the top of the feet. Happy Free Motion Quilting.

barryswife 03-26-2011 06:49 AM

I live in Newport News, Va & my best friend & I have "adopted" a young lady here that has gone over the top with quilting. She loves it. We have "sucked her right in" as my husband & sons say! Anyone around here looking for help or company, come on & join us.

ruck9085 03-26-2011 03:16 PM

It took me awhile to figure out PP, but last June I finally did. I've been quilting for 11 years and have made over thirty quilts, but when I discovered I could PP I was so thrilled with the results; perfect blocks dang near every time.
I'm not a newbie, still have some issues with miters, binding and the ever elusive Lone Star! But, I'm willing to help anyone out who needs a hand. If you live in Central KY (Richmond or Berea), then we could even get together sometimes to work. Let me know.

dash2000lbs 03-28-2011 09:26 AM

I am have made a few tie quilt ... Now want
to learn to hand quilt .. Taking appliqué
classes ... And want to hand quilt finishe
Product ... Quilt called "vintage valentines"
I live in San Diego, would love to be adopted
..thanks Diane