Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Newbies challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/newbies-challenge-t38362.html)

amma 04-16-2010 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Fabricnut
Someone told me that they make left-handed rotary cutters. Ask at your quilt shop about them.

My Fons and Porter cutter is for lefty's too :wink:

tkhooper 04-17-2010 02:51 AM

Mine I can set up on either side. I'm a lefty but this works when I have friends over who are righties too.

redqueen 04-19-2010 07:55 PM

Is it too late to be adopted??? I can paper-piece have no patience with piecing by machine except for paper, love hand-quilting except that it takes me years to finish...I am terrified of machine quilting but do it even though I think my poor work kinds of wrecks my quilts, LOL! what do I expect, I don't even drop my feed dogs... someone who can help me with machine quilting would be a real blessing!

amma 04-21-2010 10:32 AM

click on tkhoopers name and then click send a PM, let her know you would like to be adopted, and what you would like to learn or have help with :D:D:D

craftybear 04-24-2010 09:58 PM

This is a fun thread!

ssnare 04-27-2010 04:19 AM

I am a newbie to quilting. I would like to be adopted. Sherry :)

Quilt Mom 04-27-2010 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by ssnare
I am a newbie to quilting. I would like to be adopted. Sherry :)

What are you wanting to learn?

Fabricnut 04-27-2010 06:25 AM

Maybe the editor of this site could give a brief lesson on using the color wheel for us who are color challenged.

JNCT14 04-27-2010 09:40 AM

OK - I am throwing my hat in this ring becasue I love to quilt and I believe that sewing in general is rapidly becoming a lost art (my 2 daughters refuse to learn :-(.My skill sets are in strip piecing, machine applique, any straight edge blocks, some quilt-as-you-go techniques and hand sewing (I do a combination of hand and machine quilting but my hand quilting is a bit unorthodox because I have carpal tunnel and I can't do a traditional rocking stitch). I am bad at curved piece quilt blocks and I can't always match seams on the straight edge blocks but I take the Amish viewpoint that only God creates perfection. HOWEVER - I can only answer email early in the morning or at 5pmish as my job is very demanding - and I don't do email at home. I am willing to repeat any techniques you are trying to do at home and I will take pictures to show the method. If I don't have an answer, I will research the question until I find an answer (depending BIG time on this forum!). So if someone is willing to live with the somewhat erratic responses (I will ALWAYS answer - but it may not be immediately), let me know through this forum and I will send you my email address.

momto4 04-27-2010 12:00 PM

Im a noobie and would like to be adopted!! I have only done patchwork thus far, but I am looking to expand to paper piecing and applique. What I do know is self taught from reading online and quilt books as no one in my family sews at all lol. If someone is interested...im available! haha