Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Newbies challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/newbies-challenge-t38362.html)

mrsdralshhadeh 06-04-2010 08:08 PM

looking to be adopted,,, I am located in Puerto Rico,, and have been quilting for a few years,only done 4 quilts,, a king size yo-yo and 3 9 blocks for my chidlren,, I would love to learn more,,and get better at quilting,, pls pls pls (with puppy dog eyes,,,) someone want me? LOl if so,,pls PM me,, thanks,,,

crawford1219 06-05-2010 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
OK I'm looking to adopt. Been quilting for 8 years now But I'm still learning too.So maybe they will adopt me too And we can teach each other.

I would love to be adopted!!

CruisingStef 06-05-2010 08:15 AM

I would consider myself a newbie, because I only will stick with 3 to 6' squares, and nothing else. Paper piecing are a big question mark to me, and borders are hit and miss. But all in all, I've made about 5 quilts since I started last yearand they haven't turned out too bad. Now I'm going to attempt to make tote bags; which is something altogether new to me, but I'm determined that it WILL get done. :? Any suggestions are very much appreciated and needed. I just purchased a pattern for the simple designer Tote Bag. Are there any shortcuts that would make it easier for me?

b.zang 06-05-2010 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
OK I'm looking to adopt. Been quilting for 8 years now But I'm still learning too.So maybe they will adopt me too And we can teach each other.

Me too. I'm thinking it doesn't have much to do with how long we've been quilting. The longer I quilt, the more I realize there is to know.
Some things I've kinda gotten the hang of over the years, though...
- paper piecing
- EQ6
- making my Janome 6600P perform

New Kris 06-07-2010 05:17 PM

Ready to be adopted. My pics show I can sew but quilting is another challenge. I am ready and eager.

Quilt4u 06-08-2010 01:27 AM

OK i have adopted crawford1219. I'm a Mom again YA.

livenlearn124 06-08-2010 10:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by livenlearn124
<raising hand> Newbie up for adoption!
My Mother and Grandmother were both quilters.

My first quilting project was 20 years ago. I started on a KING SIZE (what was I thinking!) log cabin quilt. I never finished hand quilting it. It is still in a box in the attic. I have never started another quilt.

Now I have a 22 yr old daughter who has asked me to teach her to quilt. I know the very basics and have some of my Mother's items that she used, and alot of blocks that she had made but never put in a quilt. I'd like to eventually use the blocks Momma had made and make a quilt.

In the meantime, my daughter will be coming home for 10 days the first part of June and I'd like to have a simple project for her to work on, but something that would be useful. Any suggestions on which block would be SIMPLE or where I should get her started?

Thank you for your suggestions! I could certainly use them.

Well, I didn't think we'd finish it, BUT WE DID!!
I'll try to post pics of the quilt we finished while my DD was in town for a week.

Ashlee's first quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]81389[/ATTACH]

Quilt Mom 06-08-2010 01:13 PM

Hooray! Ashlee's quilt looks great!

Quilt4u 06-08-2010 02:21 PM

Wow!!!! What a great quilt.

shirleyt 06-08-2010 03:13 PM

I am happy to see the quilt .remind when i taught my daught & grandson .keep up good work.
shirleyt