Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Newbies challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/newbies-challenge-t38362.html)

toadsmama 05-20-2010 03:58 AM

I want to be adopted!!

I am new here and pretty new at quilting. So far, I have collected a ton of quilting books and just drool over them. I love cutting pieces and when I actually sit down to sew them together, I like that too, however, I never seem to finish anything. I struggle with the basics, like sewing pieces together to avoid the bulk at the seams.

Anyone want me?

:roll:

jolo 05-20-2010 04:06 AM

AHey Toadsmama, if I can help you I will. When putting the pieces together,be sure one seam is turned one way and the other is turned the other way, then they will nest against each other. Does that make sense to you? I am not too pc litterate so I cna only text to you not draw a picture. I am in Antlers Ok. Another way is to press the seams open.

sandy12010 05-22-2010 05:44 PM

I love to beable to learn more on quilting. I have been doing it for a couple years but not on a regular bases. I work alot of hours so I dont have the time to really get into it like I want to. But am hoping one day to beable to quilt more and learn alot more. Because I have A LOT to learn. I read alot of things everyone puts on here just hope to get the time to use what I have read and from the beautiful quilts that I have seen

trueimage 05-22-2010 07:35 PM

I'm available for adoption if it's still an option!

I'm new and befuddled. I have a Janome 1600p and a Grace Pinnacle. I have made a few quilts over the years and just used the stitch in the ditch method. Now I'm ready to join the ranks of machine quilting with the big girls. If you're up for the challenge, please adopt me!

shirleyt 05-23-2010 06:30 AM

Hi Sandy
I will help you .
shirley

shirleyt 05-23-2010 06:33 AM

Hi trueimage
Yes i will help you .
shirley

shirleyt 05-23-2010 06:41 AM

Hi toadsmama
yes i will help you . seams open your seams and press . I hope that will help . I use steam .
Shirley

grannyp70 05-25-2010 05:38 AM

Hey everybody I am up for adoption, I am a newbie here as well, I have made a couple of quilts, but still need a lot of help with a lot of things. Never have pp, have a problem with midered corners and just about everything. I would apperciate any help from anyone.

grannyp70 05-25-2010 06:54 AM

Hi Lucille, I would love to be your adopted sister, I am new to quilting, I have made a couple of quilts, but still need a lot of help with a lot of stuff. I would like to learn pp, needleturn app.
If you would like to have me for a adoped sister just let me know.

grannyp70 05-25-2010 06:57 AM

Yes I would love to be adopted by someone here, I am new to quilting, I have made a couple of quilts but still need a lot of help with a lot of things. I would like to learn how to pp, needleturn app, and curved things. Would apperciate being adopted by anyone here.