Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Rest and Refreshing BOW Civil War Sampler Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/rest-refreshing-bow-civil-war-sampler-quilt-t287811.html)

givio 08-31-2017 08:08 PM

SBG, Outstanding quilts! How can you give away the S&W posie quilt? What a treat that is!

Jane Quilter 09-01-2017 02:07 AM

Sewbizgirl, that secondary block makes your quilt look like it is on point, as a block in a block, and enlarges the quilt beautifully. What a brilliant idea. You are a genius. Thanks.

sewbizgirl 09-01-2017 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 7898047)
SBG, Outstanding quilts! How can you give away the S&W posie quilt? What a treat that is!

But think of how happy it will make someone who is lying in a hospital! Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

sewbizgirl 09-01-2017 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter (Post 7898075)
Sewbizgirl, that secondary block makes your quilt look like it is on point, as a block in a block, and enlarges the quilt beautifully. What a brilliant idea. You are a genius. Thanks.

Not genius, just observant of what others have done! :D Can't wait to see what you do with your quilt.

Just Jan 09-01-2017 05:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
JANEQUILTER Thanks for your compliments.:)

SEWBIZGIRL both quilts are beautiful. I had forgotten about using the hour glass blocks like that. I made a quilt for my sister years ago using that design. Had not thought of using it with these blocks. I still have 13 more blocks and now I'm thinking I might use some of them with hour glass blocks. Thanks. :thumbup:

Here is what I call my "Scrap Lap" made from 12 of my scrap/leftover blocks. I put the border on this morning. Its 42 x 56. Batting calls it crib size, but I find its a nice size for use in a recliner. Also just a single WOF for the back, so easy peasy.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]579859[/ATTACH]

joe'smom 09-01-2017 06:01 AM

Just Jan, your blocks look simply fabulous!

Thanks for sharing those clever ideas, sewbizgirl!

Jane Quilter 09-01-2017 12:14 PM

Jan....Another Great Beauty! The red binding sets it off and the sashing is light and breezy. Nice job......Jane

Just Jan 09-01-2017 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks ladies. Here is another scrap lap quilt I made today. It used seven sampler blocks and eight Hourglass blocks. I had to make the borders uneven to get the size I wanted, but its not a gift and made from leftovers, so its ok! lol I used 3" borders top and bottom and 5" on the sides. It will finish to around 56 x 40. Thanks again to Sewbizgirl for the idea of using the Hourglass blocks. Its nothing fancy to post a pix of, but I know you guys/gals like to see them. The Hourglass blocks are almond and green leaf. I have a different green leaf fabric for the back.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579901[/ATTACH]

Jane Quilter 09-01-2017 03:25 PM

Wow.....how one idea just multiplies into so many beautiful quilts. The green is magnificent.

lawsonmugs 09-01-2017 03:41 PM

Ahhh really pretty quilt Jan.