Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

GramE 12-11-2017 11:05 AM

Thank you, Lisa. Honestly I don’t have much of any neutral fabric so whenever it is needed, I have to go make a purchase. I thought the golden glow on these would add an added dimension. I have most of 1 & 2 done. I always leave a bit of wiggle room, in case I need to make a personal preference alteration. :o

NZquilter, I posted on Pinterest but don’t know where it went. I think my handle on Pinterest is pat edgington.

KalamaQuilts 12-11-2017 11:05 AM

We havne't done string blocks for years, hope they show up here.
I have 100+ of clue three finished.
cold and crisp here with blue sky. Love these days!

Windblown 12-11-2017 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 7960698)

Has Bonnie put string blocks in her MQ's? What was the name ?
I live in NE OR we have all your overcast this week!Yuck, want it back.

NZquilter 12-11-2017 12:06 PM

I would love that! Bonnie has been working a lot with sting blocks this past year, so it's possible she included some. I've never done any string blocks but I think it would be a fun new boundery to push:)

Sync 12-11-2017 12:16 PM

Windblown, I believe that the last MQ that Bonnie used string blocks was Orca Bay.

NZquilter 12-11-2017 12:19 PM

GramE, I'm not very computer savvy, but here's how I figured it out this am.

First make sure Pintest has access to your photos on your device (for me it's an iPod). I loaded the photo I wanted to share onto my Pinterest account and right clicked on it, then "copy".

Then At the bottom of Bonnie's link up post, before the comment section, there is a tiny blue button saying "add URL" or something like that. You click on that and it will bring you to a special link-up page. There will be three boxes for you to fill out. The first one you right click on and "paste" in your Pinterest link. In the next box you write your heading, i.e.; GramE's On Ringo Lake Clue 3,. That's what people will see on Bonnie's blog under your picture. Then the last box is your email. It says no one will see your email.

I hope this helps anyone who wants to share they work on Bonnie's MQ Monday Link-ups. It worked for me so I'm hoping it wasn't just beginners luck!

joe'smom 12-11-2017 01:43 PM

I hadn't thought of string blocks! I'm wondering if we might have some brown geese coming up.

Windblown 12-11-2017 02:20 PM

Snyc Thank You, I had seen Orca Bay, had to look again I thought those were strips sew together, cut on an angle like some did their clue #3.

sewbizgirl 12-11-2017 02:34 PM

GramE, your colors are lovely.

Don't we need loads of scraps to do strings? I can't see cutting up whole fabric into strings, somehow. I know the Turkey Tracks (or Talkin' Turkey, it may be called) has string blocks. That one's on my bucket list.

sewbizgirl 12-11-2017 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 7960736)

...I hope this helps anyone who wants to share they work on Bonnie's MQ Monday Link-ups. It worked for me so I'm hoping it wasn't just beginners luck!

I've done it in past years but it sounds like too much trouble to me this year. I'm happy just to link up with all of you here. :o I no longer read Bonnie's blog (except to learn the new clues).