Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

lmanna 12-12-2017 06:56 AM

ScubaK - I did my unit 3s using paper piecing. Every one came out perfect the first time. If you are new to paper piecing - it's a very easy block to use for learning. I did have to draft my template myself but that was easy peasy - just followed Bonnie's instructions in the first method she described.

sewbizgirl 12-12-2017 09:52 AM

Krisb, don't recall hearing a rant out of you... :o

Carol in WI, great fabrics you have chosen!

ScubaK, what worked easiest for me on the clue 3 units was cutting the neutral end triangles out of strips, using the Easy Angle ruler. Then the center parallelograms: also cut from strips. I wasn't sure what markings on the Easy Angle ruler to use for those until I saw Macybaby's tute. I just followed her pictures and cut them as she did. Everything went together easily and I could press both seams the same direction, like we were supposed to.

Macybaby's tute is in post #925, and her first two photos show exactly how to cut the parallelograms with the Easy Angle ruler.

I'm so glad we haven't been asked to sew hourglasses, or tri-recs, yet. I don't enjoy those. Hope my luck holds!

Sync 12-12-2017 11:25 AM

sewbizgirl, that loud bang you just heard coming from Arizona, was me dropping my computer ............ arrrrrrrrrgh .... hourglass or tri-recs ............... no, no, no ............. pooh, pooh, pooh, & bite your tongue as my grandmother used to say ............. lol ...

NZquilter 12-12-2017 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Sync (Post 7961320)
sewbizgirl, that loud bang you just heard coming from Arizona, was me dropping my computer ............ arrrrrrrrrgh .... hourglass or tri-recs ............... no, no, no ............. pooh, pooh, pooh, & bite your tongue as my grandmother used to say ............. lol ...

LOL!!!! Thanks for making me laugh!

sewbizgirl 12-12-2017 12:00 PM

We had them last time so maybe she won't use them this time... fingers crossed!

Tweety2911 12-12-2017 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just finished ironing clue 3 and am so ready for Friday's clue! Loving all the pictures, great job everyone! Kalama fabulous string quilt!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]585250[/ATTACH]

jmoore 12-12-2017 04:58 PM

Alvastitcher, I hope your laser surgery went well and you will be back in your sew mojo quickly.

Jeanne S, smart move on just being a bystander and taking it all in...it is a challenge given that it is the busy Christmas season.

Imanna and TheMerkleFamiy...kudos for taking on Bonnie Hunter’s Mystery as your first mystery. Keep up the good work.

Kassaundra 12-12-2017 07:12 PM

Well finished pressing and trimming clue 3, so any free sewing time until Fri will be working on preparing the ORL back.

kristijoy 12-12-2017 09:35 PM

15 more of clue 3 left to go!!! I'm hoping the next clue isn't making 400 of something! ;)

Windblown 12-12-2017 09:48 PM

Down to my last 4 strips of #3 and I hae to stop wash and starch another yd of green- my melon.
I hope we are not making string blocks for this quilt because I'm not doing scrappy, they would look very blah in cream grunge.
;)