Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

DogHouseMom 01-10-2018 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7980654)
Great layout, Sue! There are so many possibilities with these units. I wonder if Bonnie Hunter uses EQ to design, or just wings it?

Looking at the picture she provides of the layout, it looks like it came from EQ.

lmanna 01-10-2018 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 7980683)
Looking at the picture she provides of the layout, it looks like it came from EQ.

Yeah, I think I remember her saying something like she had a hard time finding the color coral in EQ.

JeanieG 01-10-2018 07:04 PM

Congratulations Sandra - that looks great!

I have finished Clue 6 and am half way done with Clue 7! Then I can start putting the blocks together!

Kassaundra 01-10-2018 07:11 PM

I just finished block 9 of 20, so I may be falling behind in the turtle brigade, lol

Jane Quilter 01-10-2018 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7980725)
I just finished block 9 of 20, so I may be falling behind in the turtle brigade, lol

Not possible, us turtles tend to take a break and rest on the side of the road.....You never know who is going to pass you while you bask in the sunlight. Just wave, :wave:and plod on......Jane

NZquilter 01-11-2018 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7980725)

We must be turtling neck and neck then! I have 10 out of 50 done.

Macybaby 01-11-2018 05:22 AM

Sue (DogHouseMom) did you change the angle on your chevrons to match what you show in your drawing? I really like how that changed them to the oval look. Looks like it's more 60 deg than 45 - can you tell in the program what the angle is?

Both this year and last, someone came up with a variation that I've fallen in love with, but both times it involved some different cutting and I was already too far along to use it. But I can save it for later! I just love designs that give the appears of curves when there really aren't any.

Jane Quilter 01-11-2018 06:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally......Clue 8 done......all 50. Now I have to get my last UFO off the design wall so I can put Ringo Lake up there.
Here are some blocks laying loosely on the cutting table:

sewbizgirl 01-11-2018 06:51 AM

Those look great, Jane. Congrats on getting 50 done!

I finished my top last night. I was going to wait til this morning to take a picture, but it's rainy and gloomy and dark this morning... so will wait for some better lighting.

DogHouseMom 01-11-2018 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 7980854)
Sue (DogHouseMom) did you change the angle on your chevrons to match what you show in your drawing? I really like how that changed them to the oval look. Looks like it's more 60 deg than 45 - can you tell in the program what the angle is?

Both this year and last, someone came up with a variation that I've fallen in love with, but both times it involved some different cutting and I was already too far along to use it. But I can save it for later! I just love designs that give the appears of curves when there really aren't any.

Nope .. the chevrons are as Bonnie designed.

I am with you, I've seen some lovely variations but I wanted to use all the parts I had already made. So far I have only completed the nine patches, the chevrons and the geese. I hadn't made the aqua/brown/coral shaded 4 patch so I was able to play with that unit. Nor had I cut the sashing corners so I was able to change those to neutral to give me that pretty oval 'star'.

Also agree on the curves ... when I saw that curve from a distance I said EUREKA!!