Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

AngeliaNR 12-15-2017 03:52 PM

Got them cut--will sew tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for the photos of your progress.

Kassaundra 12-15-2017 04:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of pics of all my clues to date. As usual these aren't real "guesses" just me playing around.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]585435[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]585436[/ATTACH]

zozee 12-15-2017 04:10 PM

Kassaundra, I love your black fabric! Those golden flowers just dance.

jmoore 12-15-2017 04:40 PM

It has been helpful to read through today’s post regarding Clue 4. I finally finished Clue 3 today so will print Clue 4 tomorrow and start cutting...it will be my focus for Virtual Quilt Weekend. Have fun everyone.

tuckyquilter 12-15-2017 05:45 PM

QIAD Ruler Helper

1 Attachment(s)
I Discovered that a small Quilt in a Day ruler is perfect for measuring all those Flying Geese. Meant to post it before now. I'm behind as I had Thomas Fire Evacuee's in my home for almost a week. They have returned home now. and thankfully they have a home to return too, unlike many in our are.

Bluebonnets 12-15-2017 05:45 PM

Kassaundra your guesses are gorgeous and I love your fabrics.

Windblown I love your colors.

Windblown 12-15-2017 06:04 PM

Kass your "guesses" are so pretty like Christmas roses.

peaceandjoy 12-15-2017 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Windblown (Post 7963268)
I tried Bonnies ruler and it worked, so I will stay with that. Took a photo with my digital camera it does show the colors better. You can also see the wrong green color I cut in #3.

Your colors are wonderful! Looking forward to seeing this as you progress.

Tweety2911 12-15-2017 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So pretty Windblown, Love the colors. Kass your fabrics are beautiful and I just love the layout! You are so clever!
Here is one unit done. I am still cutting the browns. I cut the 2" sq from strips and cut the triangles from 2" strips as well. Happy sewing everyone!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]585441[/ATTACH]

peaceandjoy 12-15-2017 06:23 PM

For those who looked @ Doug Leko's patterns (www.antlerquiltdesign.com), don't be put off if they look complicated. His directions are very thorough. One of the patterns he taught in a class (sorry, I don't remember the name of it!) involved what would normally have been done as a Y-seam - a thousand times worse than flying geese for me! - but he had a method to do it so that by using a partial seam, it wasn't a Y-seam. Yikes, that is clear as mud...

He also has some Youtube tutes that are helpful. My favorte is for getting a quilt from layout to a top, using only 3 pins. It doesn't matter how close my blocks are to my machine, it seems when I am webbing that top, they get twisted or re-arranged. www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFNc37E1FzQ

I am wayyy behind. I had two crowns put on, which left me in a lot more pain than I anticipated. They are still bothersome. Then I got the stomach bug; I ended up on an anti nausea medication which helped my stomach but gave me a headache. It's all good - by Christmas I will be right as rain. Hoping to get through Clue 3 and onto 4 this week!