Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

Macybaby 11-06-2017 09:57 AM

Cheesehead, the only one that stands out to me is the brown with all the white. For me, it' reads way too light for the brown (darks) group.

Battle Axe 11-06-2017 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]583492[/ATTACH]Just received the Whittle bundle of 10 FQ of coral. Now it looks like I do not have enough aqua. I separated out the 4 pinkish ones next to the chocolate ones. I'm not sure if I'll use those.

Battle Axe 11-06-2017 10:30 AM

Very nice collection, Cheesehead. Makes me want more aqua.

Marcia

pjnesler 11-06-2017 10:40 AM

It will be fun to watch everyone's progress on the mystery, this year I think I'll print the clues, but be on the sidelines watching everyone else, I still have last years mystery top to sandwich and quilt up. Life and getting down on the floor to make those quilt sandwiches has taken it's toll on my knees. :(

Cheesehead 11-06-2017 10:40 AM

Thanks MacyBaby I will remove that fabric, there are more than enough browns so that won't be a problem. Actually that fabric doesn't have a white design on brown it was a turquoise. But it may read white when doing the quilt and I know I would have been disappointed.

tscweaves 11-06-2017 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 7938995)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]583488[/ATTACH]These are the fabrics I have chose to do this quilt, any suggestions or fabrics I should reconsider?

Nice fabrics! The only one that stands out to me is the 2nd one down in the coral pile, it is almost too pink. But then I am not a fan of pink, so it is probably personal bias:-)

tscweaves 11-06-2017 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe (Post 7939045)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]583492[/ATTACH]Just received the Whittle bundle of 10 FQ of coral. Now it looks like I do not have enough aqua. I separated out the 4 pinkish ones next to the chocolate ones. I'm not sure if I'll use those.

This is a great selection too! It is so fun seeing all of these:-)

Cheesehead 11-06-2017 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by tscweaves (Post 7939092)
Nice fabrics! The only one that stands out to me is the 2nd one down in the coral pile, it is almost too pink. But then I am not a fan of pink, so it is probably personal bias:-)

Thanks Theresa, that fabric was in my stash and it's a blend of pinks and corals. I have been adding that fabric to the pile, taking it out and adding it back in again. I've been on the fence about that fabric since the very beginning. I am now planning on leaving it out for good this time.

We are returning to Wisconsin next week and I plan to hit a few more quilt shops, already have my Lowe's color swatches packed!

hairquilt 11-06-2017 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hot Diggity Dog-Just found this thread and doing a Happy Dance! My first BH MQ (first ever MQ)was last year and loved doing it So much!! I totally used Bonnies colors and pattern to a T so mine looks like most everybody else but I learned so much doing it and am so excited about this years. I love the colors for this years so will stick with that. Only color I need more of is the coral-melons but lots of time left to get those. I'll post pic when I get all together! Here's my pic of MQ
[ATTACH=CONFIG]583511[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 11-06-2017 07:33 PM

Hairquilt, Whittles sells FQ bundles of fabrics for this project, if you need them. You can buy just the corals, or just the aquas, or browns... etc. They were showing the actual fabric, but probably have sold out of the first collections and are assembling more.

https://www.whittlesfabrics.com/fabric-yardage/color-bundles-for-mystery

Your En Provence looks great!