Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

peaceandjoy 12-15-2017 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by laurilli (Post 7962635)
Is anyone else using the same triangle fabric on each side of the FG & parallelogram but scrappy to the next one or am I being anal about it? :o :o :o

In past quilts, I have used the same neutral fabrics on either side of flying geese, but am not this time. I think either way you choose will work beautifully!

rryder 12-15-2017 07:35 PM

Kass, Kristi and Sewbiz--ya'll's mathinations are hurting my brain:D

Almost finished with Clue 3-- but still have to put up Christmas tree....

Rob

tscweaves 12-15-2017 07:44 PM

I had to finish a few microwave cozies to get in the mail this morning, so when I came home from work a little bit ago, I cut a couple of pieces. I do not have Bonnie's ruler, but I do have an Easy Angle. I think I am going to be able to get this clue to work out okay. I am not sure when, as tomorrow morning I am going to play with my new cookie press and give spritz cookies a try:)

sewbizgirl 12-15-2017 10:04 PM

peaceandjoy, hope you are feeling better soon. Thanks for the info about Doug Leko.

Battle Axe 12-16-2017 02:20 AM

Peaceanjoy, get well soon. Marcia

KalamaQuilts 12-16-2017 06:30 AM

the easy angle is the one we need for #4, the companion angle is the one for triangles, tsc, so you are good to go. Just remember to put right sides together (or wrong sides, either way) rather than stack or half of the corner triangles will be going the wrong way...ask me how I learned...

kass, those sample ideas are wonderful. the angled ones bottom to bottom is brilliant, my brain is broken and wouldn't have thought of that. I'm having so much working along together. (((hugs to all)))

tscweaves 12-16-2017 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 7963749)
the easy angle is the one we need for #4, the companion angle is the one for triangles, tsc, so you are good to go. Just remember to put right sides together (or wrong sides, either way) rather than stack or half of the corner triangles will be going the wrong way...ask me how I learned...

kass, those sample ideas are wonderful. the angled ones bottom to bottom is brilliant, my brain is broken and wouldn't have thought of that. I'm having so much working along together. (((hugs to all)))

I figured out the part of right sides together right away. I had just cut a couple of pieces to test and thought hmmm, this is not correct. Then I just flipped my strips upside down and cut a couple of more. I am glad I did not cut the whole length of the strip!

joe'smom 12-16-2017 07:26 AM

Kass, your units are looking great. It's always fun to see your layout experiments.

Windblown, your colors look so fresh and lovely.

Peaceandjoy, I hope your teeth settle down soon!

I have my aquas cut, and my brown strips. I hope to get sewing today, and am hopeful of having some time at the end of the week to get back to clues 2 and 3.

Belfrybat 12-16-2017 09:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Using the shaded 4 patch method works well. I cut a couple apart to make sure of measurements, but won't cut the others until I see what we are sewing onto this. I have a feeling it will be a triangle, and if so then will complete the shaded 4 patch method.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]585480[/ATTACH]

Tweety2911 12-16-2017 11:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Clue 4 done, easy peasy with the Easy Angle.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]585489[/ATTACH]