Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

NZquilter 12-01-2017 12:07 PM

Nice layout, Kass! I'm loving your black "neutral"! (BTW, I would never dream of blocking your posts!!!)

I've done the no waste FG a couple of years ago and really didn't like it at all. Thus I bought my ruler--- now I'm have no waste and no trimming. Yay!

Kassaundra 12-01-2017 12:18 PM

Magic 8 is for HST, are you making your geese w/ hst?

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 7954349)
Since I'm using yardage I'll be using the magic 8 method. Actually, if I were doing scrappy I'd also use the magic 8 method as the pieces will be scattered throughout the quilt and duplicates won't be noticed.

Kassaundra 12-01-2017 12:20 PM

The stitch and flip w/ the squares on the sides of the rectangle? Then trimming side triangles????? If so I have never liked that or had much accuracy w/ it.

Originally Posted by Sync (Post 7954358)
Kassaundra, I like the no waste method too. I'm not sure if I'll make my flying geese by that method or not. When I did the flying geese units in Allietare ( my very first BH mystery) I used the stitch and flip. I wasn't very happy with how some of them were turning out but kept plugging away. ....... decisions, decisions ...... lol.

Kassaundra 12-01-2017 12:24 PM

Thanks. The only bad part about the no waste is all the prep work, but I guess it makes up for it on the back end w/ no trimming and no waste. One of these days I may invest in some specialty rulers.

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 7954363)
Nice layout, Kass! I'm loving your black "neutral"! (BTW, I would never dream of blocking your posts!!!)

I've done the no waste FG a couple of years ago and really didn't like it at all. Thus I bought my ruler--- now I'm have no waste and no trimming. Yay!

Belfrybat 12-01-2017 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7954366)
Magic 8 is for HST, are you making your geese w/ hst?

No, I misspoke -- only 4, not 8. But as much as I hate making flying geese, I'd be tempted to do the magic 8 and join them together!

KalamaQuilts 12-01-2017 02:02 PM

Kassaundra I LOVE the purply-red, is that your neutral? Stand out stunning!

Battle Axe 12-01-2017 02:13 PM

What happened? This used to be fun. I'm hung up in Allitaire on those folded corner things. They take me forever.

Is my bra too tight?

Have I taken all my pills?

Perhaps I need chocolate?

I made that recipe, The Bread Pudding with white chocolate and custard and cherry pie filling. I have no idea what I did wrong, but maybe I got up on the wrong side of bed. It was just as dismal as this BHMQ clue 2. I used white melting chocolate instead of the white chocolate chips that I could not find.

Marcia Sorry for ranting....

Cheesehead 12-01-2017 02:24 PM

Ha Marcia, I've been lusting over that recipe since I saw it posted! I'm eating low carb and I don't see anyway I can convert that recipe :D my addiction has always been sweets.

Still on the fence with clue 2, I like to paper piece my flying geese but haven't been able to find one the correct size for this step.

Jan

givio 12-01-2017 02:38 PM

Where is that recipe posted? On QB? Sounds tasty!

Windblown 12-01-2017 02:53 PM

I woke up with my vertigo in full force this a.m. I can see and print out part 2, but I'm afraid if I try to cut the strips I will either cut myself or have a major disaster. I still have to go take care of my Mom, when she fell she injured her foot and i have to change dressings for her. Never rains but it pours.