Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

NZquilter 12-01-2017 06:13 AM

Clue #2

Clue 2 has been released! http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2017/...art-2.html?m=1

Kp3690 12-01-2017 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 7954107)
The link for the MM Mystery is on post #552 (this thread). I like doing these most when there are others and I can share what I'm up to. One of the main reasons I do the BH mystery.

Thank you! It definitely makes it more fun.

NZquilter 12-01-2017 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Sandra-P (Post 7954114)
Oh no Battle Axe! I did the same thing last year and had a huge mess too. Maybe make your quarter inch even less than a quarter.

That's what I was just about to suggest too, Sandra. Battle Axe, I know some vintage quilts have about 1/8" seam allowence. If you quilt it semi-densely it should hold together well. I would hate for you to have to waste all your hard work and fabric!

Macybaby 12-01-2017 06:32 AM

Yea! Clue #2. My preferred method is using the triangles and having no waste. I probably won't get to them until tomorrow morning, but that will get me motivated to get out of bed and not sleep late. Ok- for me, 7 am is sleeping late!

These are going to be fun for my half size ones - but I've made smaller FG than these for the 365 day block challenge.

KalamaQuilts 12-01-2017 06:46 AM

I thought today was Thursday! I Love being retired but the day and date are hazy in my brain :)

Love 2 clue, instead of a couple notes on a sticky I printed out the whole directions. I want to learn to really use the rulers.
As I look at the images shared, I'm reminded by how much our work is colored by working with Bonnie's neutrals...
I've worked with mixed neutrals for at least 20 years, but in truth it is hard to tell the difference. Look at the totally fun neutrals we are using now! Our blocks dance rather than lie there, comatose.

Kp3690 12-01-2017 06:50 AM

I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone’s preference on how to make the geese. I’ve only made them the “traditional “ way, but have both of the rulers and am can’t wait to try one of them. I just need to figure out which one to try!

NZquilter 12-01-2017 07:00 AM

I'm going to be using my Easy Flying Geese Ruler by Kimberly Einmo for these units. It works kind of like Bonnie's Essential Triangle tool. I'm hoping this isn't the only clue using the Simple Folded Corners Ruler, because will be quite a waste of money.... I'll stay positive and guess that it's not!:)

joe'smom 12-01-2017 08:10 AM

I had accuracy issues in Allietare with the Easy Angle/Companion angle method (same as Bonnie's Essential Triangle Tool), so will start out by trying the folded corner ruler and see how they turn out.

givio 12-01-2017 08:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Kp3690, The MMMQ is done from an hourly post, to finish the quilt in one day, New Year's Day. So, although some people don't need another project, as you say! it's really just a short commitment of time and energy, then you can get back to other things you are sewing. Here's my part 1 all cut. I'm using some old fabrics. The darkest one is a cheater crazy patch print with a lot of black in it. That might be interesting! Sometimes MM's projects are quite simple, so I plan to make it and see if I like it. If I do, then I might make it again using newer fabrics that I like better. If you do it, when you choose the amounts to cut for the size you want to make, pay attention that she intends that you will add a border in order to come up to a comfortable size for the size you choose, so leave yourself some extra fabric for that!

ScubaK 12-01-2017 08:50 AM

Ok!
What is everyones favorite way to make Flying Geese?
I son't think I have ever made any this small!!!
Yikes!
Kirsten