Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

sewbizgirl 01-09-2018 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7978845)
I think another name is a Boston block?

That's it! I knew it had a real name... thanks.

rryder 01-09-2018 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Pagzz (Post 7979439)
Beautiful work everyone. I'm am more pleased with mine now that I am seeing more turquoise.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586809[/ATTACH]

Wow Pagzz- I really like that. The turquoise workd very well with your lavendar/violets. Glad you kept your original colors in the sashing- it sparkles!

Rob

pinkflowers 01-09-2018 06:46 PM

Pagzz- those colors do sparkle! Sapphire and Amethyst!

Mariposa 01-09-2018 07:16 PM

Pagzz~ love your colors!!

TheMerkleFamily 01-10-2018 12:22 PM

So sad.. a day with no comments (yet) or pictures shared! I don't think I've ever signed-on late in the afternoon to find no new exciting posts waiting for me :) Guess we're all quietly busy working on our additional pieces/blocks pondering the beautiful border options, etc..

I'm anxious to hear chatter and see examples of how you all consider quilting your finished top. I've decided to add to my quilt (11 add'l blocks) and am thinking ahead of the quilting process while plugging along. Quilting the top will be my biggest challenge of it all.

Hope everyone's having a great sewing day!

Christine

Peggy - yours is coming together so beautifully!

NZquilter 01-10-2018 12:25 PM

I noticed that too, Christine! I've been busy appliquing some blocks for the Summer themed swap here on the QB, so my mystery quilt is patiently waiting for me on the design wall.

TheMerkleFamily 01-10-2018 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 7980504)
I noticed that too, Christine! I've been busy appliquing some blocks for the Summer themed swap here on the QB, so my mystery quilt is patiently waiting for me on the design wall.

I had to order (online) add'l fabrics to blend into the new blocks and add to the border - in the meantime, decided to start another quilt that I'm making for my mother. My DH walks into the sewing room and notices I'm working on something new and says "You're not starting another quilt without finishing that Mystery are you??" He's afraid I will never finish one if I start the other (secretly, so am I!) I quickly said "How many projects do you have 'in process' in your garage, honey?" And that was the end of the discussion :D Thought I'd share my sewing humor with ya'll.

Happy Sewing!

Christine

sewbizgirl 01-10-2018 12:49 PM

I am very close to finishing my entire top! But today I have to put away all the Christmas decs before I start sewing. :( I have really loved our Christmas tree this year.

sewbizgirl 01-10-2018 12:51 PM

As for how to quilt the ORL... I'm just planning on doing loops and squiggles, allover. I did that with my Grand Illusion and it worked well on such a busy quilt.

Kassaundra 01-10-2018 01:02 PM

I am planning on straight line quilting / assembling w/ a walking foot