Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

GramE 01-09-2018 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 7979320)
I did not do anything yesterday so mine is not competed. Here is one block totally done. I just have to assemble my blocks. My husband likes it. I am going a little bit controlled on the placement of fabrics, but otherwise all is scraps. Now to get the rest done. [ATTACH=CONFIG]586784[/ATTACH]

I love this block. It looks like something that would be on my grandma’s bed!

NZ & Pagzz, yours each are different but both beautiful.

sewbizgirl 01-09-2018 10:17 AM

Lisa, I'm sorry you aren't happy with your quilt. I think your idea of making two kinds of blocks is great! Hope you'll show us a pic of that soon.

I got the pieces all made for my 5 extra blocks yesterday. So slow and tedious when you are making a scrappy, and have to make a few more blocks. You have to get out all your fabrics in each color again, and cut maybe one or two pieces from each, to maintain the scrappy look. Much easier to have cut them all from the beginning! But that's done now so onward and upward!

KalamaQuilts 01-09-2018 10:31 AM

I have 14 blocks sewn, took yesterday off to prep some new and interesting leader enders :) I must have several billion light dark 4 patches made, my 4 patch (1" finished) tin is stuffed!
Love seeing what everyone results are.

Kassaundra 01-09-2018 10:35 AM

I was hoping to get some more done today, but not sure now if I will. Looooooooong shift, w/ a bad semi wreck early this morning making me be almost 4 hours over time to get off, so worked nearly 28 hours w/ one short (1 hour ish) nap. Planning on taking a bigger nap now, then we'll see how it goes.

joe'smom 01-09-2018 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7979840)
Lisa, I'm sorry you aren't happy with your quilt. I think your idea of making two kinds of blocks is great! Hope you'll show us a pic of that soon.

I hope it will be nice, just different than expected. But I have a plan now, so that's a good feeling!

NZquilter 01-09-2018 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7979851)
I was hoping to get some more done today, but not sure now if I will. Looooooooong shift, w/ a bad semi wreck early this morning making me be almost 4 hours over time to get off, so worked nearly 28 hours w/ one short (1 hour ish) nap. Planning on taking a bigger nap now, then we'll see how it goes.

Wow, I am sorry, Kass! That must be a tough job. I hope you get to rest now.

NZquilter 01-09-2018 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom (Post 7979879)
I hope it will be nice, just different than expected. But I have a plan now, so that's a good feeling!

Lisa, I know yours will be lovely! I was disappointed with mine too, when I saw how mine was going to look if I had done it just like Bonnie's, so I tried many different idea and options. I thought I had decided but then my DH, bless his honesty, told me he didn't like it! That's when I went out and bought the sky blue fabric. He told me he likes it now. Whew! I put so much engery and love into what I make, I couldn't have continued with him not liking it.

quiltsRfun 01-09-2018 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 7979847)
I have 14 blocks sewn, took yesterday off to prep some new and interesting leader enders :) I must have several billion light dark 4 patches made, my 4 patch (1" finished) tin is stuffed!
Love seeing what everyone results are.

Do you have a plan for your 4-patches? I also have a bin full, as well as one with HST, as a result of those times when I needed a sewing break.

KalamaQuilts 01-09-2018 12:23 PM

no. but like the Oh My Gosh quilt they should be Amazing! And the quilt will be so easy :)

sewbizgirl 01-09-2018 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7979851)

Sorry Kass... hope you get some good rest.