Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

Pagzz 01-08-2018 05:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Beautiful work everyone. I'm am more pleased with mine now that I am seeing more turquoise.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586809[/ATTACH]

Carol in WI 01-08-2018 06:08 PM

Peggy that is so strikingly beautiful - I love it too!

joe'smom 01-08-2018 06:33 PM

QuilterMomma, your block is beautiful.

Looking great, NZquilter! I like the blue sashing.

Pagzz, that's very beautiful. The turquoise really sparkles.

It was slow going today with my blocks. I finally found a rhythm, so am hoping I can go a bit faster tomorrow.

NZquilter 01-08-2018 06:49 PM

...Looks like you decided to keep playing with your quilt for a while. (wink).
Yes! Even the best of resolutions can go south when I say 'just one more block, then I'll put it away!'

audsgirl 01-08-2018 07:34 PM

Peggy, that looks so lovely! I really like it.

Leslie

sewbizgirl 01-08-2018 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pagzz (Post 7979439)
Beautiful work everyone. I'm am more pleased with mine now that I am seeing more turquoise.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586809[/ATTACH]

Yours really does look like the blocks are floating on a pool of water. Must be the pretty aquas you used.

Windblown 01-08-2018 08:37 PM

Pagzz I think that is beautiful the turquoise really makes it sing.

I have to set up my 3rd sewing machine. First my viking needed a break, then My feather weight today. I'll oil it up and let it rest overnight. Then it's on to my 301 if needed.

Belfrybat 01-09-2018 06:12 AM

I feel like I've stalled on with this. I do want to finish it, but also need to get a few easy prayer quilts done by the end of the month. I don't even know how many I have of each component at this time. I guess I should start putting blocks together and see where I end up.

I really love all the settings and colour combinations that are being posted. I do think my favourite are the ones with no sashing between the blocks -- the aqua just shows up better. But then I will need a larger border as I'm only using 25 blocks. Guess that is a decision that can be kicked down the road until I have all the blocks together.

QuilterMomma 01-09-2018 09:17 AM

I am also impressed with the settings everyone is doing. Helps me see what the possibilities are. I have pieced a few more blocks.

joe'smom 01-09-2018 09:50 AM

My quilt is much darker than I realized. I imagined it would look similar to Bonne's, but all the strong corals I have are giving it a much different look (which I am not thrilled with). I think I will sew half of my blocks with the geese flying outward, for an alternate block.