Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

quiltmouse 01-25-2018 06:22 PM

Carol, sweet hugs for you. Sadly, I had a very brief marriage. You were very blessed. I hope you find peace of heart in time.

Windblown 01-25-2018 06:55 PM

joe's mom, lovely ORL. It looks like you are going to plug it in and light up the room:D

sewbizgirl 01-25-2018 07:38 PM

Joe'smom, what a knockout!!! I love how much the scrappy browns in the sashings add to the quilt. I know you agonized over every decision, but now you have a real winner and it's all yours! Congrats. The finish is going to be amazing.

audsgirl 01-25-2018 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Carol in WI (Post 7989078)

I am not sure I can finish mine at this time. My husband of 51 years passed away last weekend and it will always remind me of the stressful and difficult past weeks.

Oh, Carol, I'm so sorry for your terrible loss. My heart goes out to you.

Leslie

NZquilter 01-26-2018 05:12 AM

I love your ORL, Lisa!! The neutral sashing adds so much interest and depth, and I really like how you even have every sashing corner square the same. It helps tie everything together. It is a real winner! I love it!!

joe'smom 01-26-2018 06:34 AM

Thanks for your kind comments, everyone! Now if I can just get it together without too much trouble. I initially thought it would be easier assembly than En Provence, but now I'm not so sure.

rryder 01-26-2018 11:22 AM

That's gorgeous -Joe's Mom!

Still plugging away a tiny bit at a time, got two more blocks made today. So now have 29 I think. At this rate, it'll be next year before I manage to get the thing put together LOL!

Rob

Sync 01-26-2018 11:33 AM

Lisa, that looks fantastic. Using the darker blues and teals for the border really pulls everything together. Great job!

I'm with Rob, pieces are being put together but at a snail's pace. Just saying ............. turtle brigade.

pewa88 01-26-2018 11:57 AM

Joesmom, beautiful. I am thinking to use a more neutral sashing too. Mine have not been cut yet. I vacillate back and forth...to make it exactly like BH or how I want it. I have never done one of her mysteries so am leaning toward like hers.And I do not make another one BHM. I love her quilts but they just take too long to suit me. I want to do a challenge but one that is not so labor intensive. I have too many other projects I want to do.

ILoveToQuilt 01-26-2018 12:05 PM

Seeing everyone's gorgeous ORL quilts, I just might have to work up at least one block to see what my color choices will look like. Have too many other projects to make the full ORL quilt right now, but I am so intrigued by the beautiful quilts I see here.