Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

audsgirl 11-11-2017 07:38 PM

Thanks for taking over this task, NZquilter! I'm excited to get started on the new quilt. I have my fabrics chosen, but I had a hard time making assessments of the colors. Sometimes a fabric seemed coral, but then I thought it was more orange. The same thing happened with the aqua/turquoise ones. I like Bonnie's choices, so I want to go with them, too. I still have to put the binding on my En Provence quilt, and Allietare! isn't even basted, but that won't keep me from starting this new one.

Leslie

givio 11-11-2017 08:18 PM

Ohhhh, yeeees! The black sashes were a total improvement for that pattern. Well done! Thanks for the pictures. A picture is worth a thousand words, they say.

Welcome to the world of posting on QB! And, drum roll, now you will please post pictures of your other BHMQs too? What do you mean, "maybe sometime"? I see you joined QB a long time ago, but you don't post much? You could change that, if you want... we all love to chat and see each other's pictures. :-) What's that blue quilt in the background?

sewbizgirl 11-11-2017 09:13 PM

Beautiful Grand Illusion, Ivy!

Carol in WI 11-12-2017 03:21 AM

Ivy, thank you for posting the picture of GI. You did an amazing job of capturing the block design with the black sashing. I would even consider finishing mine now that I see your design:). I agree with Givio - please post the other two mystery quilts you made.

Eve de La Garouste 11-12-2017 04:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, I'm new here. I'm a french woman of 50; I sew by hand in centimeter. It's my first QM of Bonnie in hinches and sew machine. There are my fabrics option : only about my stash.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]583751[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 11-12-2017 04:50 AM

Ivy I like your GI, I was another that wasn't overly fond of GI, but the ones that I have seen that I have liked have added sashing or broken up the blocks in some way great job.

Eve, welcome glad to have you aboard.

Kp3690 11-12-2017 04:59 AM

Welcome Eve!

sewbizgirl 11-12-2017 05:04 AM

Welcome Eve. Nice collection of fabrics for the mystery!

joe'smom 11-12-2017 06:32 AM

Grand Illusion was my first mystery, and I've always loved that bright, happy palette. I remember what a surprise it was when we saw the reveal of those ferociously whirling blocks. It really was an illusion, if not so grand in some people's minds, LOL. You did a beautiful job on yours, IVY!

Welcome, Eve! Your fabrics are absolutely wonderful.

NZquilter 11-12-2017 06:45 AM

Welcome to the fun, Eva! One of my sisters lives in France, just outside Lyons. I don't know where that is geographically though!