Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

kristijoy 11-13-2017 07:56 PM

Well...I happened to be by Ben Franklin today, so I picked up a few corals. That should help blend the orange and pink in my pile together!

GramE 11-13-2017 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by kristijoy (Post 7943650)
Well...I happened to be by Ben Franklin today, so I picked up a few corals. That should help blend the orange and pink in my pile together!

so jealous. We have no Ben Franklin's anymore.:(:thumbdown:

sewbizgirl 11-13-2017 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 7943671)
so jealous. We have no Ben Franklin's anymore.:(:thumbdown:

Same here... I thought the whole chain was defunct. Haven't seen one in probably 25 years. Woolworth's is gone, too. Glad to know there is still a BF somewhere. :)

rryder 11-14-2017 04:44 AM

Our Ben Franklins were bought out by AC Moore a few years back.

Rob

NZquilter 11-14-2017 07:18 AM

Wow, I just looked at the calander-- Thanksgiving is barely a week away! That time flew by.

I'm hosting Thanksgiving for the first time this year. Should be pretty easy-- (nervous laugh:))

tscweaves 11-14-2017 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 7943880)
Wow, I just looked at the calander-- Thanksgiving is barely a week away! That time flew by.

I'm hosting Thanksgiving for the first time this year. Should be pretty easy-- (nervous laugh:))

I am hosting as well, but my brothers have made it easy. We pick up the complete meal from a local grocery store, already cooked:-) The turkey has always been delicious and most of the sides are good too. We started doing this a number of years ago when my mom started having health issues, and now this year it will be in my home to save her all the pre & post cleaning.

Ohoh, this means I will have to turn my sewing room back into a dining room! Good thing both my dining room table and my cutting table fold small! LOL

Pagzz 11-14-2017 11:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These are the colors I think I will use. I am substituting charcoal grey/black for the browns and purple/lavender for the melon/salmon. I know Bonnie's colors are complementary turquoise/melon and mine are not. Opinions welcome
[ATTACH=CONFIG]583861[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 11-14-2017 01:00 PM

Hi Pagzz, glad to see you posting! I like your colors.

I found myself standing in front of the paint chips at the hardware store today, looking for two colors to sub for the coral and turq.... and I just couldn't decide! I tried out lots of combos and I'm as confused as ever. It seems they need to be opposing colors on the color wheel and not quite as dark in range as the brown. So something like blue and green just won't have the same impact. So what then? Red and green... or red and blue? I just need to pull out my scrap boxes and start playing. Just as soon as I finish my son's birthday quilt!

sewbizgirl 11-14-2017 01:02 PM

[QUOTE=tscweaves;7943939]I am hosting as well, (skip)
Ohoh, this means I will have to turn my sewing room back into a dining room! /QUOTE]

I'm in that same boat! Dining room is a full time sewing room all year except mealtime on Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter. I have so much clutter to hide!

Bluebonnets 11-14-2017 01:03 PM

Oh Pagzz I really like those colors!