Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

ScubaK 04-30-2018 09:30 AM

Auntjo,
Your ORL is a stunning quilt. It is really gorgeous. That border is amazing!!!
Thanks for sharing some pictures. Mine is slowly coming together.
Kirsten

Carol in WI 05-01-2018 01:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally finished! This one was a challenge, but I'm so glad it is finished after a few delays. I've loved seeing all the variations and creative finishes. I agree that you ladies are the best! I've received so much encouragement and support through the past months....not to mention all the tips and techniques that have been shared so freely. I did change a few things, but it is basically Bonnie's design.

NZquilter 05-01-2018 04:39 AM

Congratulations, Carol! It's beautiful!! The brown sashing really makes the blues and corals pop. I'm so glad to see you are keeping busy with quilting. Quilting is a great soul healer. I know you have worked hard and it was rather emotional for you these past few months. How are you doing?

Carol in WI 05-01-2018 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 8050545)
Congratulations, Carol! It's beautiful!! The brown sashing really makes the blues and corals pop. I'm so glad to see you are keeping busy with quilting. Quilting is a great soul healer. I know you have worked hard and it was rather emotional for you these past few months. How are you doing?

Thank you so much NZ! I truly appreciate your thoughts and kind words. I can't say it is getting easier yet as the "permanency" of coming home to an empty house hits me each time I enter the yard. Prayers and thoughtful friends certainly help. God Bless you!!

TheMerkleFamily 05-01-2018 07:22 AM

Carol your finished ORL quilt top is beautiful - I really like your color changes and think it adds a dramatic contrast. I admire your perseverance and hope that time spent quilting and sharing with all of us on the QB proves comforting as you move forward. I think we all find comfort here in our own ways :)

Thank you for sharing your beautiful version of On Ringo Lake. I'm just about finished with my top and will share soon!

Christine

joe'smom 05-01-2018 07:23 AM

Carol, congratulations on finishing your top through such a difficult time. The brown sashing works beautifully in this pattern!

AngeliaNR 05-01-2018 07:43 AM

Beautiful work, Carol!

Sync 05-01-2018 10:55 AM

Carol, congrats on completing ORL. It looks wonderful.

KalamaQuilts 05-01-2018 10:56 AM

carol, I agree, the brown sashing gives the pattern a lot better idea of two blocks intermingling. Well done!

Mine came home from the quilter yesterday. 95" square and the quilting charge was $157.00. Cheap at twice the price I think!
I can't decide on binding. I mind says I need red, but my stash is saying you want what?? Part of the fun

NZquilter 05-01-2018 02:15 PM

I look forward to seeing yours, Kalamaquilts. Mine just needs the binding done too. Hopefully I will get to it this week.