Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

joe'smom 10-25-2018 06:42 AM

I would like to use yardage from stash this year, but I always get carried away by Bonnie's inspiration narrative and buy a bunch of fabric in her colors. Maybe I can restrain myself this year.

KalamaQuilts 10-25-2018 11:20 AM

mine have nearly been all stash every year. I ran clear out of reds last year! And I didn't have any pinks at all one year so picked up a few third yards. Wasn't enough for good scrappy but I survived. I've decided an assortment of at least 13 pieces of whatever color is a good rule of thumb.

I'm retired and loving it but since it isn't any work I'll ask Patrice to make our new thread and then add the title to it when we have it. Bonnie Hunter 2018-2019 Mystery quilt is ok for now?

NZquilter 10-25-2018 12:20 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing her colors too and cheering you all on!

NZquilter 10-25-2018 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 8149503)
mine have nearly been all stash every year. I ran clear out of reds last year! And I didn't have any pinks at all one year so picked up a few third yards. Wasn't enough for good scrappy but I survived. I've decided an assortment of at least 13 pieces of whatever color is a good rule of thumb.

I'm retired and loving it but since it isn't any work I'll ask Patrice to make our new thread and then add the title to it when we have it. Bonnie Hunter 2018-2019 Mystery quilt is ok for now?

Sounds good to me, Kalama! :)

KalamaQuilts 10-25-2018 02:30 PM

I've apparently asked incorrectly and been denied. Someone else's turn!

NZquilter 10-25-2018 02:39 PM

Maybe we need the fabrics announced first before we start a thread?

joe'smom 10-26-2018 06:50 AM

Kalama, thank you for making the request. Can you tell us how you asked, so we can figure out the problem? I had thought about asking before the announcement of the name, but didn't know if the thread name could be changed later on.

Mariposa 10-28-2018 07:20 PM

Good news! There will be a new thread for this year's mystery. It will be started on the 31st, or Nov. 1st. :)

I'm still looking in my stash for possible colors to use!

Kp3690 10-29-2018 04:38 AM

Great! Thanks Mariposa! I can’t decide if I’m going to jump in this year or not, but I’m definitely looking forward to seeing everyone else’s creations!

Originally Posted by Mariposa (Post 8151333)
Good news! There will be a new thread for this year's mystery. It will be started on the 31st, or Nov. 1st. :)

I'm still looking in my stash for possible colors to use!

KalamaQuilts 10-29-2018 12:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have my back nearly made! I tried so many different thing in aid of her leader ender challenge this year, rail fence. All awful. So from all those efforts I've created something that if you were tipsy Might look like a rail fence on a really fast horse. It is about 70 X 90 at this stage so won't need to add too much to be bigger than the front for the quilter.

pressing on my 120 year old ironing board. My grama bought it from an elderly neighbor when she got married in 1918, a wonderful treasure. You couldn't give me a big board or wool mat :)

2 sleeps!