Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

Jane Quilter 11-30-2017 03:03 AM

Oh, missgigglewings, I love your blocks. I would die for your brown polka dots on aqua fabric. Nice grouping.

Sandra-P 11-30-2017 03:05 AM

I dont believe that giving the number of units ruins the mystery. Just my opinion. I do however have put one or two on my ignore list because of too many postings showing what they think the mystery will "look like" and that ruins it for me. I take them off my list when the mystery is over. it isnt anything personal, just that I want to be fully surprised by the creator of the quilt and keep it a mystery for me.

Battle Axe 11-30-2017 03:21 AM

Oh my Sewbizgirl, stop with that cutter. Did you cut it completely off? Makes my knees weak just thinking about it. I sliced off the side of my left index finger. Rushed to the Dr. to get sewn back on, he just threw it away. Said it was too little to sew back on. It would turn black and get infected. I missed the nail.

Do you have one that automatically retracts?

Marcia

Pagzz 11-30-2017 04:34 AM

I'm loving all the pics! Regarding Bonnie's request on posting numbers - I thought it more about the blogs and the link ups. On Celtic Solstice I posted numbers and details about different ways to do one of the steps on my blog and she delete the link up. I thought about it further and realized that these are commercial patterns that she is letting us have for free but she will sell later. I deleted the instructions and numbers and kept the pictures. No problem, and no problem with later link ups. I didn't bother linking up this first clue of Ringo Lake but will probably link when my alternate color makes an appearance.

Let's have fun and not stress

Kassaundra 11-30-2017 04:55 AM

Yes another Hollywood medial fiction (there are many) they seldom reattach, and I have never seen them even attempt a finger part.

Sewbiz I hope you heal quickly.

Originally Posted by Battle Axe (Post 7953322)
Oh my Sewbizgirl, stop with that cutter. Did you cut it completely off? Makes my knees weak just thinking about it. I sliced off the side of my left index finger. Rushed to the Dr. to get sewn back on, he just threw it away. Said it was too little to sew back on. It would turn black and get infected. I missed the nail.

Do you have one that automatically retracts?

Marcia

NZquilter 11-30-2017 05:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished sewing all my units yesterday and just completed the last little trimming up on them all. Some are just literally 1/32" short. I'm not redoing them! I adjusted my 1/4" guild on my machine so hopefully I'll be more successful in the future. Having never made so many tiny 9-patches, it was fun stretching my boundaries again. Clue #2 will be out tomorrow! I'm ready.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]584536[/ATTACH]

joe'smom 11-30-2017 06:25 AM

Those are wonderful, NZquilter! I'm thinking coral and brown for tomorrow.

sewbizgirl 11-30-2017 06:50 AM

*sqeamish people don’t read this*
The tip I cut off my finger was still attached by a small piece of skin, so I pressed it back in place and covered it in xeroform gauze (with Vaseline and iodine in it) and then wrapped tight so the piece would have proper contact. If nothing else, it really cut down on pain to have that piece on there. I am hoping it reattaches.

I have done this before, on the same finger, only the cut was to the side and the piece came totally off. I dressed it the same way and it did reattach. The blood flow was back in the cut off piece in about three days, and after a few months the feeling came back too. Huge success! You can’t even see it unless I point it out to you.

Battle Axe, it’s not an automatic retracting cutter, but it wouldn’t have mattered as it happened during use. Finger is not bothering me at all today. Only hurts when I take the dressing off.

KalamaQuilts 11-30-2017 06:58 AM

my personal pet peeve is posting what percentage of the top we've finished. I do not want to know that. It takes the sunshine right off that clue.

ScubaK 11-30-2017 07:17 AM

That is what I am trying to avoid Missgigglewings! My time is very limited and I am not able to buy a ton of fabric...
Kirsten

Originally Posted by missgigglewings (Post 7953272)
Finally got my 50 done! I sure wish I had those numbers we are not supposed to have because I cut waaay too many! I have enough left over to make a strip quilt in the same colorway!