Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

Sync 12-31-2017 05:25 PM

Wow, everyone's blocks are looking real good. I did finally finish clue 4 and set aside 18 of the units. I have clue 5 halfway done and even started putting some of clue 6 together.

NZquilter 12-31-2017 05:34 PM

Krista,, I really like your 's done it the solid fabrics!

Sewbiz, your colors come together so well. It reminds me of a vibrant sunset!

Peggy, such peaceful purples. It will make a nice girly quilt :)

Kass, that's for showing you're layout. Are you going to wait until after the reveal to put together Clue 8 then?

Sorry if I missed anyones pics! There is so much eye candy posts today, I love them all!!

DogHouseMom 12-31-2017 06:05 PM

Well while I've been locked in my tower (studio) cutting 800 wings and 400 geese (coral and brown ... attacking the whole gaggle at once), I see Bonnie has posted two ore clues, otherwise known as ... more catching up for me!!

Kassaundra 12-31-2017 06:14 PM

I am waiting for the reveal before I do anything else. I am 95% sure I'm going w/ my idea. I like Bonnie's well enough, but it doesn't inspire me like last years. I have played w/ the layout, and the edges and figured exactly what I need to make my version. I have quite a bit extra of some blocks, and will only need to make 84 more of the ORL units (mostly flying geese), and then the extra squares and hst that are in mine. Last years you could "tinker" with and come up w/ something unique this year really doesn't have much options for that w/o a complete change and I can't see myself putting that much effort into it to have the same quilt just a different color.

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 7973495)
Krista,, I really like your 's done it the solid fabrics!

Sewbiz, your colors come together so well. It reminds me of a vibrant sunset!

Peggy, such peaceful purples. It will make a nice girly quilt :)

Kass, that's for showing you're layout. Are you going to wait until after the reveal to put together Clue 8 then?

Sorry if I missed anyones pics! There is so much eye candy posts today, I love them all!!

Jane Quilter 12-31-2017 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 7973506)
Well while I've been locked in my tower (studio) cutting 800 wings and 400 geese (coral and brown ... attacking the whole gaggle at once), I see Bonnie has posted two ore clues, otherwise known as ... more catching up for me!!

You are officially now part of the "turtle team" with me, I, too, can't seem to catch up either, then bam, another clue! And faster than every Friday. I didn't see that rule when I signed up! But I love being encouraged by all the fast running bunnies around me on this wonderful quilting Board. GoTeam!

NZquilter 12-31-2017 06:50 PM

Jane, I pretend I'm fast, but I'm not, lol!

Windblown 12-31-2017 06:54 PM

Yes:thumbup: Go Team and Happy New Year! Thank You all for the encouragement.

Belfrybat 12-31-2017 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am far behind. Still need to make a couple of dozen coral geese and 80 brown, plus finish the shaded 4 patch squares. But I wanted to see how well my colours played together, so a put a block up on the design wall. Not sewn together yet. I was afraid the strong orangy/coral fabric would overwhelm the soft green, but I don't think that's the case. And when additional green and neutral is added, I think the coral will be played down even more.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586335[/ATTACH]

Windblown 12-31-2017 06:57 PM

[QUOTE=Belfrybat;7973541]I am far behind. Still need to make a couple of dozen coral geese and 80 brown, plus finish the shaded 4 patch squares. But I wanted to see how well my colours played together, so a put a block up on the design wall. Not sewn together yet. I was afraid the strong orangy/coral fabric would overwhelm the soft green, but I don't think that's the case. And when additional green and neutral is added, I think the coral will be played down even more.

Looks good! I had to peak too.

QUOTE]

Kassaundra 12-31-2017 06:57 PM

I think your colors work well together, the block looks great.

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 7973541)
I am far behind. Still need to make a couple of dozen coral geese and 80 brown, plus finish the shaded 4 patch squares. But I wanted to see how well my colours played together, so a put a block up on the design wall. Not sewn together yet. I was afraid the strong orangy/coral fabric would overwhelm the soft green, but I don't think that's the case. And when additional green and neutral is added, I think the coral will be played down even more.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586335[/ATTACH]