Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

givio 12-31-2017 03:07 PM

Since you girls are wondering about blocks set on point or sashing-- I'm voting for sashing. I imagine the reveal is the blocks set square, with the rectangle diamond/triangle units as sashing. You could set the rectangle units where the blocks meet in the corners, so the neutral triangle part of the rectangle unit makes an 8-pointed star (why else make the reverse diamonds?). Then she'll use turquoise to connect the rectangles with each other to reach the length of the block, and have a cornerstone. I'm curious if her next clue will be to add turquoise square pieces to the ends of the diamond/rectangle units?

No, that would be a 4-pointed star... Not sure why the reverse then. Dunno! lol

Bluebonnets 12-31-2017 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 7973379)
Since you girls are wondering about blocks set on point or sashing-- I'm voting for sashing. I imagine the reveal is the blocks set square, with the rectangle diamond/triangle units as sashing. You could set the rectangle units where the blocks meet in the corners, so the neutral triangle part of the rectangle unit makes an 8-pointed star (why else make the reverse diamonds?). Then she'll use turquoise to connect the rectangles with each other to reach the length of the block, and have a cornerstone. I'm curious if her next clue will be to add turquoise square pieces to the ends of the diamond/rectangle units?

No, that would be a 4-pointed star... Not sure why the reverse then. Dunno! lol

Now that sounds pretty

Kassaundra 12-31-2017 03:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I laid out 4 sets of my arrangement, and added a few drawn color blocks to simulate additional units I would need to make if I go w/ this layout. Right now I am at a complete stand still b/c I have to decide one or the other before going on. If I do mine it will take some extra connectors (no problem I have plenty of those fabrics and it would be squares and hst) and I will have to make a few more of some of the ORL units. If I do Bonnie's I just need to start making the folded corners squares. Anyway here is the pic of 4 of my blocks laid out, it is messy since they are just laid out for an idea

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586324[/ATTACH]

If I do this one I doubt I would post a pic anytime soon on QV (I wouldn't post until after reveal anyway) but even after that I think they would lynch me on that site, but you ladies are much more supportive.

Macybaby 12-31-2017 03:57 PM

I got clue 6 done! Now to work on 7 - but at least that is combining so no cutting or trimming.

sewbizgirl 12-31-2017 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have seven of these done. I will have 24-25 when I get all my pieces together.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586326[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 12-31-2017 04:14 PM

Sewbiz that is really vibrant and pops in a good way.

Pagzz 12-31-2017 04:15 PM

i like it Kass. and very pretty Sewbiz

Carol in WI 12-31-2017 04:19 PM

Kassandra, I really like your layout and Bonnie usually does have an alternate pattern in her mysteries, from what I remember anyway. I really have enjoyed seeing everyone's blocks and color combinations. It will be at least Wednesday before I can reclaim my sewing room and start back at this mystery, so I am getting my fix from all of you. Thank you for sharing your blocks. Happy New Year to all of you.

kristakz 12-31-2017 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by givio (Post 7973379)
Since you girls are wondering about blocks set on point or sashing-- I'm voting for sashing. I imagine the reveal is the blocks set square, with the rectangle diamond/triangle units as sashing.

I believe the answer is going to be "both" - on point, with sashing.

My first block is below. Hoping to finish tonight, but realistically I'll probably get about 3/4 done.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]586328[/ATTACH]

joe'smom 12-31-2017 05:19 PM

Wow, everyone's blocks look great! I love the cool blue and purple, the poppin' orange and blue, and the quiet gray and green.

Kassaundra, that's a wonderful layout. Your fabrics look so good together.