Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

NZquilter 12-03-2017 02:51 PM

Last year Bonnie gave us the last clue AND the reveal at the same time. We had tons of work dumped on on us, but I was glad because I tweaked the last clue by replacing it with another unit, finishing the quilt differently than Bonnie's. So it worked out for me.

NZquilter 12-03-2017 02:56 PM

So glad your wound is healing nicely, Sewbiz! I've never tried to put the sliver of skin back on to heal. Kitchen knives get me all the time, but so far no rotary cutters-- fingers cross! (I'll speak too soon and it'll happen today!)

AngeliaNR 12-03-2017 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 7955667)
Last year Bonnie gave us the last clue AND the reveal at the same time. We had tons of work dumped on on us, but I was glad because I tweaked the last clue by replacing it with another unit, finishing the quilt differently than Bonnie's. So it worked out for me.

Mysteries generally work like this--big work at the reveal.

AlvaStitcher 12-03-2017 04:13 PM

I finished making the rest of the FG after getting home from church and lunch today. But as I was cleaning up the piles of fabric that were kinda thrown together as I cut strips off them, I discovered a couple more of the melon fabric that I had pulled to use and then missed them. I think I will make some more up using this found fabric and do away with some of the lighter ones that I have made. I have too many light ones anyway.

Sewbizgirl, glad your finger is healing nicely. Don't know how many more times the skin will reattach itself to the same finger though! LOL

Love seeing all the blocks. I'll try to get a picture of mine tomorrow.

QuiltingVagabond 12-03-2017 06:42 PM

I was able to get all of my clue 1 & 2 units done over the weekend - retreats are great for that!
Regarding the requests to refrain from sharing quantities and sizes - those are the backbones of the pattern Bonnie plans to sell - and misinformation is rampant online.
Going to the source is the best way to get the actual instructions.

So many of the people on the FB group do not know who Bonnie is or where to find her blog, they just found a great group of quilters, so lots of confusion and well-meaning folks trying to direct the newbies while following the rules as well as the folks who just want to share what they (think they) know to be helpful. I feel sorry for her moderators during MQ time - it is a circus over there! LOL

Tweety2911 12-03-2017 07:01 PM

Kalama love the shirting quilt you are working on!
Sewbizgirl glad to see your finger healing so beautifully!
Love seeing the progress of clue 1 and 2.

Feathers-N-Fur 12-03-2017 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]584776[/ATTACH]
Someday I will learn to count. I made 8 extra of clue 1 and 45 extra of clue 2. I don't use my die cutter for most quilts, but it is soooo helpful when cutting a lot of the same pieces. It took me about an hour to cut out all of my geese, and that included ironing and folding 22 fabrics.

kristijoy 12-03-2017 07:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Popping in tonight to catch up! I love your quilt Kalama. I love leaders and enders! I found though that I really prefer leader and enders that are simple squares or rectangles. Then I can pop it into the machine without too much fuss. Right now I'm working on a simple 4 patch block made with 2 1/2 inch strips.

Here's my start on the geese. I used Kimberly Einmo's ruler which worked like a charm. It cuts geese and triangles from strips (no waste). I knew I was going to need to do a bunch to really have it down. I'm pleased that these are coming out rather nicely with only a sliver trim needed! The colors are pretty yummy too!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]584777[/ATTACH]

Fraew 12-03-2017 07:20 PM

Love your colors Sewbiz

lmanna 12-03-2017 07:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Done with my 100 flying geese. My original intention color-wise was gray,aqua and yellow. Turned out that I did not have a good range of tones in my yellow fabric so I went with pink instead. For someone that does not like pink, I have a lot of pink fabric :eek:

I also really like polka dots - can you tell?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]584778[/ATTACH]