Quilt Challenge!

Old 01-16-2010, 07:06 AM

I loved the idea of sorting my scraps by lignt medium and dark, mine has been in a big barrel as long as I can remember. I haven't seen the bottom pieces for a long time. Thanks for the great idea, and I like the baggie idea. :-P :-P
Old 01-17-2010, 06:16 AM

For those on here that are serious about using up what they have I just came across the stashbusters list and tho I've only joined 3 days ago I can tell you these ladies are very serious about this and have some great ideas even for the smallest of those string scraps for those who can't stand to throw any fabric pieces away. So if you need a little more help, motivations you might check it out.
Muriel

Muriel - Where do find the stashbusters list. I have been making small things like bookmarks, etc from my scraps but would like more ideas. I am also going to take up the challenge of a scrap quilt.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:29 AM

I started that last year.... and still cutting . The pcs are 1.5 x 1.5 and sqs and the other is a retangle. I have been collecting anythig I can get a 2 in sq out of and want to have as many dif fabs as I can. We have a community scrap box at our local Q shop and can trade scraps.... I have over 800 pce alread cut. My friend has made 2 of these quilts already... I am having a problem for the dark sq's I will get working on it some more so maybe I will get it done this year....
Thanks for getting me going again.... I need a budge once in a while I get so bogged down I cant think what to do next... LOL
Connie (FabWa) in chat
Old 01-17-2010, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Image00
Oh sorry, I forgot to mention that I joined a local guild and the ladies there are heavily involved with "Quilts of Valor" these quilts go to an Army Hospital in Germany and are gived to wounded servicemen there, so I have sewn a couple of 9-patch in red, white and blue.
I also sew for quilts of valor.. for our local chapter here ;)>> :):):).. way to go !!
Old 01-17-2010, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Kaye-Kaye
For those on here that are serious about using up what they have I just came across the stashbusters list and tho I've only joined 3 days ago I can tell you these ladies are very serious about this and have some great ideas even for the smallest of those string scraps for those who can't stand to throw any fabric pieces away. So if you need a little more help, motivations you might check it out.
Muriel

Muriel - Where do find the stashbusters list. I have been making small things like bookmarks, etc from my scraps but would like more ideas. I am also going to take up the challenge of a scrap quilt.
Kaye-Kaye,
I belong, it's a great group! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stashbuster/
Old 01-18-2010, 06:18 AM

I have a lady who loves little scraps and I save for her each week.... I can't stand them around ;) it works for me..
Old 01-18-2010, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Paula Z in AZ
Muriel

Kaye-Kaye,
I belong, it's a great group! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stashbuster/
Paula
I found it and joined up. Thanks for the info. Now to get those scraps organized and get to work.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:24 AM

I have gone to the quiltville site and have just about chosen my first try at a scrap quilt. I have it narrowed down to either the the Crayon Box or the Crumbs, Crumbs, Crumbs. I want one that has a very scrappy look. I have been out of the mood to sew for the last month (too much sewing this fall) and now I am getting excited to get things going.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by meemersmom
What a wonderful idea! I am biased since I make almost nothing but scrap quilts. I just started cutting up my stepfather's old plaid shirts (he was very dear to me and died last March) after seeing a pattern in an Evelyn Sloppy (love love love her!!!) book. So, this will be the urging I need to get something done with them.
bonnie hunter came out with a book on using mens shirts,
Called "scraps and shirttails"
ww.quiltville.com

http://quiltville.com/scrapsandshirttailspreview.shtml

i have a bag of them saved up already..i cut them all up, took out the seams and pressed them,saved the buttons too..
Old 01-18-2010, 01:57 PM

I have gone to the quiltville site and have just about chosen my first try at a scrap quilt. I have it narrowed down to either the the Crayon Box or the Crumbs, Crumbs, Crumbs. I want one that has a very scrappy look. I have been out of the mood to sew for the last month (too much sewing this fall) and now I am getting excited to get things going.
Kaye-Kaye,

If you decide to do the Crayon Box .. "Quiltblockswappers" is Yahoo group doing a block swap using Bonnie's pattern (they got permission first ;) . Rules are 'none' because it's scrappy :D :D :D ... 12 block due (this is the good part!) April 25, 2010....gives everyone time and think of the pretty blocks you'll get in exchange :lol:

If you're interested come on over ... :thumbup: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Quiltblockswappers/