Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Rest and Refreshing BOW Civil War Sampler Quilt >

Rest and Refreshing BOW Civil War Sampler Quilt

Rest and Refreshing BOW Civil War Sampler Quilt

Old 06-11-2017, 04:52 PM
Power Poster

The border 16-patches are looking good, ladies! I need to try and do a few every week when I have time between blocks.

Only 4 hours til our new block comes out....
Old 06-11-2017, 08:47 PM

block 8 is in the email box...12:38am yeah
Old 06-12-2017, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

Phew got er done !!! I had this one all together and was ironing it and noticed the center brown square was rectangular. What was that about....... I had to tear it apart and redo the neutral and brown bars,I had them backwards. Anyway it's done. Hope to see lots more of you ladies blocks. Show some pictures with all your blocks if possible please. I laid mine out like the photo and I'm not liking some of the blocks they have side by side as the colors are to similar. Guess I'll figure it out in the end. lol. Have good day ladies.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03628.jpg   dsc03629.jpg  
Old 06-12-2017, 10:52 AM

Lurking from afar. I'm really enjoying seeing all of your progress. I did not get into this site soon enough to enjoy the QAL, but I really love the colors and the finishes. Back to lurking.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:53 PM

Mary, your blocks look so pretty altogether.

I have last weeks block done but haven't posted a picture yet, it was a fun block to do. I hope to get some time tomorrow to do this weeks blocks.

We are somewhat house bound this week. The US Golf open is taking place near our home and the traffic has been incredible. We live in the country and are not used to this kind of activity. Our sons home butts right up to the golf course, when he bought his home 15 years or so ago it was a farmers field behind his house. The really bad thing is the golf course has had floodlights illuminating the entire course for the past month 24 hours a day. I suspect this was done to deter vandalism or keeping critters off of the course. The event should be finished on Sunday..weather permitting.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:04 PM

Churn dash is done. I like this one:

Old 06-12-2017, 03:59 PM
Power Poster

Wow jane very pretty. I love the blue/brown floral. Cheesehead thank you. I live way out in the country and would really be pissed if that happened to me and for them to leave the flood lights on all night. Talk about inconsiderate. Seems it would cheaper to hire a security guard rather then pay for those lights to be on so long and wasting energy. Hope you get caught up soon and post pictures. Hugs Mary
Old 06-12-2017, 05:46 PM

Lawsonmugs: Very pretty blocks. I can't post mine together yet because I have an orphan block scrappy on my design wall. . I had to take out a side HST because it was wrong. I should have checked when I noticed the seams weren't going together right. Oh, well.

Jane Quilter: Very nice block. I enlarged your center block on my phone because I thought it looked like an abstract picture of a girl running with a bouquet. Lol!

Here's my block:

Connie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]574532[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_1071.jpg  
Old 06-12-2017, 06:11 PM
Power Poster

Connie, Mary and Jane... you are so FAST. Love seeing all your blocks together Mary. There's no 'rule' that says you have to set the blocks just as the pattern shows. Go ahead and move some around if you think your colors will look better that way. We won't let the pattern police get you!

Jane, I love your neutral! And I do see the girl running with the bouquet, LOL.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:03 AM
Power Poster

Very pretty Connie. Glad to hear I wasn't the only one with a mistake. lol. Sewbizgirl, I try to at least pick my colors and cut out the pieces on Monday. The last 2 weeks I was able to sit and sew on Monday also. It makes for a long wait when you get it all done on Monday. Since I am retired I pretty much set my own schedule .Thanks for not telling the pattern police. lol. Have a good day sewing everyone.