Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 02-18-2018, 11:43 AM

Way to go Windblown--great finish!
Old 02-20-2018, 09:48 PM

I'm in shock. I lost all of my bookmarks tonight, representing hundreds if not thousands of hours of research, after 'refreshing' Mozilla. All of my instructional videos, patterns for the future, inspirational photos, fabrics, stores, etc. I'm reminding myself that it's not as if I'd lost my fabric or my home, but still, I feel adrift. If only I'd been working on my border instead of sitting at the computer, or hadn't been impatient about the computer being slow . . . Whatever you do, do not 'refresh' Mozilla!
Old 02-20-2018, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
I'm in shock. I lost all of my bookmarks tonight, representing hundreds if not thousands of hours of research, after 'refreshing' Mozilla. All of my instructional videos, patterns for the future, inspirational photos, fabrics, stores, etc. I'm reminding myself that it's not as if I'd lost my fabric or my home, but still, I feel adrift. If only I'd been working on my border instead of sitting at the computer, or hadn't been impatient about the computer being slow . . . Whatever you do, do not 'refresh' Mozilla!
Oh, Lisa, how disheartening! I wonder, if you're on a Windows computer, if doing a System Restore might reverse the 'refresh'?

Daffy
Old 02-20-2018, 10:14 PM

great finish windblown.....love the boarders! and the colors are yummy
Old 02-20-2018, 10:18 PM

Thank you, Daffy. I am on a Windows computer, but am pretty clueless, and don't know how to do a System Restore.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
Thank you, Daffy. I am on a Windows computer, but am pretty clueless, and don't know how to do a System Restore.
Don't do that!

But in Firefox (is that what you mean by "mozilla"?), if I open my bookmarks (click on the bookmarks tab and select "show all bookmarks") I get a window that has an "import and Backup" tab. Open that, and I get "restore bookmarks", with a selection of several recent(ish) dates. Maybe that will help you?
Old 02-21-2018, 09:38 AM

Thanks, we do seem to pick out the same fabrics a lot! lol Great minds and all.
Originally Posted by Windblown View Post
Thank You all for your kind comments on my ORL.
Kass it looks like we chose another eye catching fabric together. Your kaleidoscope version turned out great.
We have had a great trip together working on this.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:05 PM

Just put the last stitch in the Ringo's Sister half blocks!!!! Wooo Hoo progress at last. Next step is sewing all the half blocks into columns. I am going to assemble and quilt QAYG and I am going to join in columns. I probably won't get a chance for a picture until Sund.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:31 AM

kassaundara, I keep checking back to see if you've posted more pictures. I love the border design you came up with and plan on saving that idea for a future quilt.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
Don't do that!

But in Firefox (is that what you mean by "mozilla"?), if I open my bookmarks (click on the bookmarks tab and select "show all bookmarks") I get a window that has an "import and Backup" tab. Open that, and I get "restore bookmarks", with a selection of several recent(ish) dates. Maybe that will help you?
Krista, thank you for the suggestion. I couldn't figure anything out, so will just move forward with a clean slate, so to speak.

I'm making progress on my ORL border, after ditching my first idea. A few more days should see it done.