Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 11-21-2017, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Welcome Pat, since your light aqua is white based and your neutrals are ecru based I bet it won't be a problem, even though the b/w shows it similar.
I think I agree with you. When I saw those golds on the clearance rack, I knew I had found my neutrals, which I never have just hanging around. I didn’t want white but something more creamy. But most of my time at the fabric store was spent helping another quilter find a 3rd fabric for a quilt she was making for her daughter. She had two great ones, we just couldn’t find the third. But after a few swipes around the store separately, she found what she wanted but not the right shade, and I knew they had an off white of that fabric because it was what I had just used for my bird swap. She was so happy!
Old 11-21-2017, 04:25 PM

Finally pulled some fabrics today--my corals tend towards the orange, and I'm changing aqua to green--we'll see how it works.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
Thank you. I tried to join but couldn't answer the question which magazine does Bonnie write for. Maybe they'll let me in anyway.
I answered that I had no idea as I don't subscribe to any magazines. I was accepted the next day.

I think they just want to make sure you are a real person, and a person interested in quilting. Lots of folks join FB groups then flood the group with links advertising different products (not necessarily quilting related, and some of them of very questionable morality!!).

It also stated that they would not accept a profile that was not public. Mine is definitely not public, but they accepted me anyway.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:54 AM

I don't have FB, but since Bonnie's is an open/public FB group, I like to "watch" what everyone is doing around MQ season. I had no idea that there was a questionare before one joins!
Old 11-22-2017, 08:55 AM

Only two more days ladies! I wonder which colors Bonnie will have us start with. I'm hoping for brown and aqua
Old 11-22-2017, 09:02 AM

I still haven't picked out my fabrics!! I better get busy!!
Old 11-22-2017, 09:45 AM

I think I'm ready. I did have to do a little shopping for the aquas and corals... I've been trying to collect neutrals most of the year as I tend to find myself short of a variety of those.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]584191[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails fabric-selected.jpg  
Old 11-22-2017, 10:24 AM

Everytime I think about Ringo lake and check on here I hear the music from Jaws playing in the background. Is it Friday yet!
Old 11-22-2017, 10:38 AM

Thanks everyone for your comments on joining Bonnie's Facebook page. I was accepted and have been inundated with posts! I might regret joining.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:03 AM

Well, I have no idea what I am doing. Are the colors suppose to be near/exact or the whole range of colors in that family? what is the purpose of the black and white photos? I have taken photos of the groupings in color and in b&W. Can anyone hep me with what to keep and what to throw out of the group for the mystery quilt? i don't think I am comfortable with this....maybe just scared of failure....
Attached Thumbnails bonnie-aqua.jpg   bonnie-coral.jpg   bonie-peach.jpg   bonnie-peach-neutrals.jpg   bonnie-neutrals.jpg  

bonnie-brown.jpg