Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 12-25-2017, 11:03 AM

I just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a wonderful, happy, healthy new year! I enjoy the friendliness here as well as the willingness to share information with each other. No other group online that I have come across is as nice as this group! So...thank you all for your friendship and sharing!

Old 12-25-2017, 04:26 PM

I'm making progress. I have all steps cut out. 1/2 are marked while watching Chiefs win their football game. Samples of most steps completed. I figure 3 steps should be completed by end of week. The other 2 steps will be done by end of next week. I decided to use no rulers. I might use the flying geese ruler, if I get it in the mail soon enough. I decided to make the large version of the quilt. I do love seeing everyone's progress so far. I really love this years' colors. I hope I like the pattern as well. Within a few weeks we will know won't we? Merry Christmas everyone!!!!
Old 12-25-2017, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sync View Post
I just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a wonderful, happy, healthy new year! I enjoy the friendliness here as well as the willingness to share information with each other. No other group online that I have come across is as nice as this group! So...thank you all for your friendship and sharing!

Sync: I couldn’t agree more! I’ve learned so much from these folks and look forward to reading all the posts every day. Hope your new year is a healty one.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:00 AM

[FONT="]I just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a wonderful, happy, healthy new year! I enjoy the friendliness here as well as the willingness to share information with each other. No other group online that I have come across is as nice as this group! So...thank you all for your friendship and sharing!
[/FONT]

Well said Sync! I agree that this is one of the most caring and sharing group of quilters I know and have gleaned so much valuable information from all of them. God Bless everyone this Christmas and New Year season!
Old 12-26-2017, 04:12 AM

Macybaby, I love your little ledge where your rulers are kept, out of your way, but still handy. What is it really, a chalk board with a chalk ledge??
Old 12-26-2017, 04:30 AM

Battle Axe,

It's a 2x6 my husband cut slots into - mounted to the edge of my cutting table. My cutting table is a 6x3 sheet of cabinet grade plywood with a poly finish on it - sitting on top of a height adjustable Ikea table.

This is an older picture with a 2x4 - my ruler collection expanded and I needed more slots.

Last edited by Macybaby; 12-26-2017 at 04:36 AM.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:56 AM

[FONT="]I just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a wonderful, happy, healthy new year! I enjoy the friendliness here as well as the willingness to share information with each other. No other group online that I have come across is as nice as this group! So...thank you all for your friendship and sharing!
[/FONT]

Well said Sync!!!
That must be why this board is still here after so many years.... Caring, generous, happy people!!!
Kirsten
Old 12-26-2017, 05:32 AM

That practice piece is looking great Macybaby!
Rob
Old 12-26-2017, 05:41 AM

I hope everyone had a good day yesterday, we had visitors nonstop from 11am til 5 pm. First it was Cousin J, DSS and family for brunch, then more family etc. Fun, but exhausting coming after several weeks of socials etc. (we are usually rather hermit like) Even Bubba was tired! I hope to get some sewing done today, but have to excavate both my sewing room and my other studio where my big cutting table lives. They both look like a fabric bomb went off, closely followed by wrapping paper and ribbon bombs! I want to at least get the pieces cut for Clue 5 and maybe the pressing and trimming done to complete Clue 4.

Rob
Old 12-26-2017, 06:19 AM

we've all been there Rob. I live in an A-frame. Not much storage because all the walls slope. I've gotten creative by installing shelving, upside down. For a million dollars, or a big box of scraps, I'd show the before and after from a few years ago.

#5 finished, today is play time with the shirts top.